Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Account problem in XP home

Account problem in XP home

Jed

I used to have an account called work setup on my XP machine
at home, but now i can't see the logon icon on the screen.

if i press control alt and delete (twice) i can logon the classic way to
this
account but the privilages have changed. I can't change them back
Its like im a standard user. If i type control userpasswords2 in the run box
my account is not listed there either, but it won't let me create the work
account
again because it says it already exists. (where i cannot see it)
Does anyone know how to get this back on so i can set my account to
administrator.

Ps its xp home so i dont have may options like in xp pro.

Thankyou

Unk

Maybe some help here:

Logon Name Does Not Match Name in Task Manager or Under Documents and
Settings Folder
http://support.microsoft.com/default...&Product=winxp

Create and Configure User Accounts in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default...&Product=winxp

HOW TO: Assign a Mandatory User Profile in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default...&Product=winxp

Access Control to Restrict Who Can Use Files
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/p...esscontrol.asp