Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Screensaver

Screensaver

Seijaku

Well, had I known before hand who Boomer was, and that somone was
impersonating Boomer, I might've checked. But, since I didn't, I didn't
check.

- Seijaku
news:c0h97r$16mnug$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> Seijaku wrote:
>
> > That's not an entirely accurate response...

> Note: you are replying to a troll that is impersonating Boomer, in
> an attempt to make her appear ridiculous. When something sounds goofy;
> it may be worthwhile to check the headers for a Mail-to-News source like
> the 'Dizum' toilet, in order to avoid unknowingly abetting the work of a
> troll.
> --
> "Thought you might like to know."

Harrison

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 02:57:03 +0000 (UTC), "Seijaku" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Well, had I known before hand who Boomer was, and that somone was
>impersonating Boomer, I might've checked. But, since I didn't, I didn't
>check.
>
> - Seijaku

Fact is, no one here has a reserved or copyrighted nickname. Anyone can use Boomer, Seijaku, or Harrison if they want.
It is however a common courtesy to not use a nickname which is known to already be in use.
Some people respect that and others do not.

>"trout" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:c0h97r$16mnug$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
>> Seijaku wrote:
>>
>> > That's not an entirely accurate response...

>> Note: you are replying to a troll that is impersonating Boomer, in
>> an attempt to make her appear ridiculous. When something sounds goofy;
>> it may be worthwhile to check the headers for a Mail-to-News source like
>> the 'Dizum' toilet, in order to avoid unknowingly abetting the work of a
>> troll.
>> --
>> "Thought you might like to know."

trout

Harrison wrote:

> On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 02:57:03 +0000 (UTC), "Seijaku"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Well, had I known before hand who Boomer was, and that somone was
>> impersonating Boomer, I might've checked. But, since I didn't, I
>> didn't
>> check.
>>
>> - Seijaku

> Fact is, no one here has a reserved or copyrighted nickname. Anyone
> can use Boomer, Seijaku, or Harrison if they want. It is however a
> common courtesy to not use a nickname which is known to already be in
> use.
> Some people respect that and others do not.

More to the point is that it *is* impersonation. The use of the name
and email munge (as opposed to real address, which would be forgery) to
deliberately create the impression that the post was sent by another
person.
This is what makes it a troll; as opposed to inadvertant mistake, or
just being 'rude' by insisting on using a name by which another poster
has a posting history. It's a pointed attempt to smear the character of
another.

Seijaku wrote:

> Well, had I known before hand who Boomer was, and that somone was
> impersonating Boomer, I might've checked. But, since I didn't, I
> didn't check.

Not a criticism. Just making the point for future reference. Never
hurts to know what's going on in a newsgroup to which you are posting.

> - Seijaku
> "trout" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:c0h97r$16mnug$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
>> Seijaku wrote:
>>
>>> That's not an entirely accurate response...

>> Note: you are replying to a troll that is impersonating Boomer,
>> in an attempt to make her appear ridiculous. When something sounds
>> goofy; it may be worthwhile to check the headers for a Mail-to-News
>> source like the 'Dizum' toilet, in order to avoid unknowingly
>> abetting the work of a troll.
>> --
>> "Thought you might like to know."

What's This??? Another Screensaver from.... bigal The Lounge 0 03-27-2006 01:34 AM
ScreenSaver NewToDotNet ASP .Net 3 12-21-2005 07:31 PM
Official 2005 Velocity Reviews Screensaver unholy The Lounge 47 11-15-2005 09:39 PM
Apply ScreenSaver policy to computer accounts austbear MCSE 1 11-03-2005 12:25 AM
screensaver for IP phone Ivan Ostres Cisco 2 11-04-2003 03:01 PM

Advertisments