Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Shutting down

Shutting down

malicet

When shutting down my computer from the start button (I have XP pro), everything goes off except my speakers, and the monitor. I have to manually shut these down. Is this normal?
Thanks,
mal

John Holmes

malicet came up with this:

> When shutting down my computer from the start button (I have XP pro),
> everything goes off except my speakers, and the monitor. I have to
> manually shut these down. Is this normal? Thanks,
> mal

If you mean you manually have to switch them off by means of their
respective power-buttons, yes, this is normal.

--
Somebody is watching you.

-John Holmes-

Harrison

OMFG!
No! This is in no way normal!
When did it begin?
Are there any other signs that your computer has been hijacked by Al
Qaeda ?
http://www.usdoj.gov/ag/trainingmanual.htm

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 17:18:26 -0600, "malicet" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>When shutting down my computer from the start button (I have XP pro), everything goes off except my speakers, and the monitor. I have to manually shut these down. Is this normal?
>Thanks,
>mal

Harrison

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 00:25:32 +0100, John Holmes
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>malicet came up with this:
>
>> When shutting down my computer from the start button (I have XP pro),
>> everything goes off except my speakers, and the monitor. I have to
>> manually shut these down. Is this normal? Thanks,
>> mal

>If you mean you manually have to switch them off by means of their
>respective power-buttons, yes, this is normal.
>
>--
>Somebody is watching you.

somebody needs to watch this one 24/7

jose3030

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 19:22:58 -0500, Harrison <Harrison> wrote:

>OMFG!
>No! This is in no way normal!
>When did it begin?
>Are there any other signs that your computer has been hijacked by Al
>Qaeda ?
>http://www.usdoj.gov/ag/trainingmanual.htm
>
>On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 17:18:26 -0600, "malicet" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>
>>When shutting down my computer from the start button (I have XP pro), everything goes off except my speakers, and the monitor. I have to manually shut these down. Is this normal?
>>Thanks,
>>mal

LOL.. be nice.

jose3030

wrote:

>When shutting down my computer from the start button (I have XP pro), everything goes off except my speakers, and the monitor. I have to manually shut these down. Is this normal?
>Thanks,
>mal

A lot of monitors have a feature that they turn themselves off if they
lose video feed....

Might want to look into that. Instead of using 0watts, it uses like 5
watts when it's in this state. When the PC is turned on again, it
turns on automatically.