Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Modem in Device Manager but DUN tries to detect new modem

Modem in Device Manager but DUN tries to detect new modem

Claudine L.

The modem, intel536ep v92, is installed in the Device Manager and
respond when we try to do "Diagnostic".

But, when trying to create a new conneciton in DUN or using the
INETWIZ, Windows 98SE tries to detect a new modem, like if none was
installed.

There's currently no connection in DUN.

IMO, it's either a registry issue or a driver issue. Anyone have a
better idea? Or a specific solution?

Claudine.

°Mike°

Boot to Safe Mode and remove ALL modem entries from
Device Manager.

On 11 Feb 2004 10:05:58 -0800, in
<(E-Mail Removed) >
Claudine L. scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Claudine L.

Well, finally found the answer... I had 1 hint, TAPISRV crashed once
while creating a connection...

Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 254332

Thanks for your help

Claudine.

°Mike° <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Boot to Safe Mode and remove ALL modem entries from
> Device Manager.
>

> On 11 Feb 2004 10:05:58 -0800, in
> <(E-Mail Removed) >
> Claudine L. scrawled:
>
> >The modem, intel536ep v92, is installed in the Device Manager and
> >respond when we try to do "Diagnostic".
> >
> >But, when trying to create a new conneciton in DUN or using the
> >INETWIZ, Windows 98SE tries to detect a new modem, like if none was
> >installed.
> >
> >There's currently no connection in DUN.
> >
> >IMO, it's either a registry issue or a driver issue. Anyone have a
> >better idea? Or a specific solution?
> >
> >Claudine.

°Mike°

Excellent. I'm glad you sorted it.