Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > IBM Thinkpad A21m monitor troubles

IBM Thinkpad A21m monitor troubles

Felonious_Monk

I have an IBM thinkpad model a21m.

Recently, due to no "obvious" reasons, the monitor has gone extremely dim.
I have used the function buttons to increase and or decrease the brightness,
thinking that if i can at least get the monitor to do something...that it
is still working. One can see the desktop through the "dimness", but like i
have expressed, it is dim.....like dark!

Does anyone have any clue as to whats gone wrong, and or any place they can
send me to find some greater insight into this problem.

My next course of action will be to attach an external monitor and see what
happens. But, i need to get of the comp first.

Thanks in advance,

Monk

Unk

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 01:54:29 GMT, "Felonious_Monk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>I have an IBM thinkpad model a21m.
>Recently, due to no "obvious" reasons, the monitor has gone extremely dim.
>I have used the function buttons to increase and or decrease the brightness,
>thinking that if i can at least get the monitor to do something...that it
>is still working. One can see the desktop through the "dimness", but like i
>have expressed, it is dim.....like dark!
>
>Does anyone have any clue as to whats gone wrong, and or any place they can
>send me to find some greater insight into this problem.

The backlight burned out, or the wire to it broke. It's not user servicable.
Contact IBM or a repair shop.

>My next course of action will be to attach an external monitor and see what
>happens. But, i need to get of the comp first.

That will work. The computer is still fully functionable except for the
display.