Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > AVAST

AVAST

Scottie

I read here about the free virus detector AVAST and down-loaded it, I am
running AVG6 at the moment can I run them both at the same time? I also
would like to know, is AVAST any good? I don't have the money to buy a good
commercial virus checker.

Craven Birds

"Scottie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:e3eWb.3326$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I read here about the free virus detector AVAST and down-loaded it, I am
> running AVG6 at the moment can I run them both at the same time? I also
> would like to know, is AVAST any good? I don't have the money to buy a

good
> commercial virus checker.

Avasts' OK I've no problems with it. Also AVG as backup, this I have
disabled. More than one AVP leads to problems IMO. Also have Mcafee VS also
disabled and used occasionally;0)

--
Craven Birds

Bird sightings based around 'Craven' Skipton, North Yorks.
http://cravenbirds.mysite.freeserve.com/
http://mysite.freeserve.com/cravenbirds

Smoker

"Scottie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:e3eWb.3326$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I read here about the free virus detector AVAST and down-loaded it, I am
> running AVG6 at the moment can I run them both at the same time? I also
> would like to know, is AVAST any good? I don't have the money to buy a

good
> commercial virus checker.

I've been running Avast for a couple of weeks getting rid of AVG for not
stopping virus attacks and causing a mouse problem. I run two programs at
the same time and haven't had any trouble. I run a version of Trend Micro in
my utility suite and Avast stopped email viruses before it was recognized by
TM so I think it's pretty good. The Avast animated icon in the system tray
is annoying.

Sultan

Scottie wrote in
news:e3eWb.3326$(E-Mail Removed):

> I read here about the free virus detector AVAST and down-loaded it, I
> am running AVG6 at the moment can I run them both at the same time? I
> also would like to know, is AVAST any good? I don't have the money to
> buy a good commercial virus checker.

I've tried Avast and ended up dumping it in favor of AVG, I like the Avast
interface better but the darn thing would cause system problems. I run AVG
along with Trend Micros Office Scan currently. As far as running both, yes
you should be fine.

Sultan

Scottie

Thanks for your help.
======
"Smoker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:TXeWb.35442$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Scottie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:e3eWb.3326$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I read here about the free virus detector AVAST and down-loaded it, I am
> > running AVG6 at the moment can I run them both at the same time? I also
> > would like to know, is AVAST any good? I don't have the money to buy a

> good
> > commercial virus checker.
> >

> I've been running Avast for a couple of weeks getting rid of AVG for not
> stopping virus attacks and causing a mouse problem. I run two programs at
> the same time and haven't had any trouble. I run a version of Trend Micro

in
> my utility suite and Avast stopped email viruses before it was recognized

by
> TM so I think it's pretty good. The Avast animated icon in the system tray
> is annoying.

Scottie

Thanks for your advise.
=========
"Sultan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns948BE019D5AD5sultanofcyberhotmail@209.25.1 57.130...
> Scottie wrote in
> news:e3eWb.3326$(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > I read here about the free virus detector AVAST and down-loaded it, I
> > am running AVG6 at the moment can I run them both at the same time? I
> > also would like to know, is AVAST any good? I don't have the money to
> > buy a good commercial virus checker.
> >

> I've tried Avast and ended up dumping it in favor of AVG, I like the Avast
> interface better but the darn thing would cause system problems. I run AVG
> along with Trend Micros Office Scan currently. As far as running both, yes
> you should be fine.
>
> Sultan

Tommy Halnet

some av statistics of interest:

http://www.hackfix.org/miscfix/icons-av.shtml
--
Tommy McClure
toner27(removethis)@hal-pc.org

FF and Avast Big Will Firefox 1 04-18-2005 08:49 PM
IE/Avast against Netscape/Mozilla problem Rg HTML 4 08-15-2004 12:20 PM
restore avast? Scottie Computer Support 13 06-12-2004 01:48 PM
Avast with proxomitron Jim Scott Computer Support 2 06-02-2004 08:19 PM
pausing Avast PL+CL Computer Support 2 11-04-2003 09:45 PM

Advertisments