Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Probably a really simple solution

Probably a really simple solution

joanne

All of a sudden while surfing certain pages wont open, they "blink" open and
then with a sound shut down, I have an idea that this is some sort of
security instelling, but don't know how to solve it. Can someone help me.

Windows XP, we have installed McAfee virus scan, plus spy-bots and adaware.

Joanne

°Mike°

That sounds (no pun intended) as though you have a pop-up
stopper installed; something like the Google toolbar, or one
of the tabbed browsers, maybe?

On Mon, 9 Feb 2004 21:45:00 +0100, in
<c08rs6$lm8$(E-Mail Removed)>
joanne scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Sultan

joanne wrote in news:c08rs6$lm8$(E-Mail Removed):

> h a sound shut down, I have an idea that this is s

Sounds like a popup stopper. Any installed?

Sultan

Mike245

joanne wrote:

> All of a sudden while surfing certain pages wont open, they "blink" open and
> then with a sound shut down, I have an idea that this is some sort of
> security instelling, but don't know how to solve it. Can someone help me.

Sounds like you have an unintelligent pop-up blocker. Try the google
toolbar or switch to a Mozilla based browser. Visit the site in my sig
for links.

--
Mike
Block Banner Ads Now

Mr.SlippyFist

Do you have Ad-Watch running as well?

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> That sounds (no pun intended) as though you have a pop-up
> stopper installed; something like the Google toolbar, or one
> of the tabbed browsers, maybe?
>

> On Mon, 9 Feb 2004 21:45:00 +0100, in
> <c08rs6$lm8$(E-Mail Removed)>
> joanne scrawled:
>
> >All of a sudden while surfing certain pages wont open, they "blink" open

and
> >then with a sound shut down, I have an idea that this is some sort of
> >security instelling, but don't know how to solve it. Can someone help

me.

> >Windows XP, we have installed McAfee virus scan, plus spy-bots and

adaware.

> >Joanne
> >

> --
> Basic computer maintenance

°Mike°

Do you know how to reply to the correct person?

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 00:13:57 GMT, in
<9teWb.25481$Qa3.4599@edtnps89>
Mr.SlippyFist scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Mr.SlippyFist

ya i had the wrong message selected and didn't realize it until after i had
posted it. Sorry

news:(E-Mail Removed)...