Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > How can I repair CD autorun?

How can I repair CD autorun?

Fidcal

I do have CD auto insert notification enabled but CDs won't
autorun I think because long ago I associated .INF files to read
with a text viewer. Anyone know how I can restore this?

Gareth not NLL or anybody else.

"Fidcal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I do have CD auto insert notification enabled but CDs won't
> autorun I think because long ago I associated .INF files to read
> with a text viewer. Anyone know how I can restore this?

Turn auto insert notification off - restart pc - turn it back on - restart
pc. does it work now????

Gaz

Fidcal

On Mon, 9 Feb 2004 16:16:19 -0000, "Gareth not NLL or anybody
else." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Fidcal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> I do have CD auto insert notification enabled but CDs won't
>> autorun I think because long ago I associated .INF files to read
>> with a text viewer. Anyone know how I can restore this?

>Turn auto insert notification off - restart pc - turn it back on - restart
>pc. does it work now????
>
>Gaz

Nice idea but no luck I'm afraid!

Can you or anyone with Win98 please copy and paste the
association string here from....

Explorer > View Menu > Folder Options > File Types tab > Setup
Information(hilight) > Open(hilight) > Edit

Thanks. Don't know if that will restore it but worth a try.

Gareth not NLL or anybody else.

"Fidcal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Mon, 9 Feb 2004 16:16:19 -0000, "Gareth not NLL or anybody
> else." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >
> >"Fidcal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
> >> I do have CD auto insert notification enabled but CDs won't
> >> autorun I think because long ago I associated .INF files to read
> >> with a text viewer. Anyone know how I can restore this?

> >Turn auto insert notification off - restart pc - turn it back on -

restart
> >pc. does it work now????
> >
> >Gaz
> >

> Nice idea but no luck I'm afraid!
>
> Can you or anyone with Win98 please copy and paste the
> association string here from....
>
> Explorer > View Menu > Folder Options > File Types tab > Setup
> Information(hilight) > Open(hilight) > Edit
>
> Thanks. Don't know if that will restore it but worth a try.

Here u go mate
I did a jpeg of how it was set up on mine
http://tinyurl.com/2gdky
HTH

Gaz

Fidcal

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 11:35:45 -0000, "Gareth not NLL or anybody
else." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Fidcal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> On Mon, 9 Feb 2004 16:16:19 -0000, "Gareth not NLL or anybody
>> else." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> >
>> >"Fidcal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> >news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> >
>> >Turn auto insert notification off - restart pc - turn it back on -

>restart
>> >pc. does it work now????
>> >
>> >Gaz
>> >

>> Nice idea but no luck I'm afraid!
>>
>> Can you or anyone with Win98 please copy and paste the
>> association string here from....
>>
>> Explorer > View Menu > Folder Options > File Types tab > Setup
>> Information(hilight) > Open(hilight) > Edit
>>
>> Thanks. Don't know if that will restore it but worth a try.

>Here u go mate
>I did a jpeg of how it was set up on mine
>http://tinyurl.com/2gdky
>HTH
>
>Gaz

I'm just seeing an image of the dialog up to Setup information.
Can you click on 'open' and then the edit button and copy and
paste the string of text from the application field please? Or
an image of that dialog might do if none of the text is scrolled
off. Thanks.

Gareth not NLL or anybody else.

> I'm just seeing an image of the dialog up to Setup information.
> Can you click on 'open' and then the edit button and copy and
> paste the string of text from the application field please? Or
> an image of that dialog might do if none of the text is scrolled
> off. Thanks.

"Action"
&Install
"application used to perform action"
C:\WINDOWS\System32\rundll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall
132 %1

Use DDE box ticked

"application"
setupapi

"Topic"
Sytem

None of the other fields have anything in them

Sorry bout the last message. I missunderstood what u meant.

Gaz

Fidcal

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 12:45:27 -0000, "Gareth not NLL or anybody
else." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> I'm just seeing an image of the dialog up to Setup information.
>> Can you click on 'open' and then the edit button and copy and
>> paste the string of text from the application field please? Or
>> an image of that dialog might do if none of the text is scrolled
>> off. Thanks.

>"Action"
>&Install
>"application used to perform action"
>C:\WINDOWS\System32\rundll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall
>132 %1
>
>Use DDE box ticked
>
>"application"
>setupapi
>
>"Topic"
>Sytem
>
>None of the other fields have anything in them
>
>Sorry bout the last message. I missunderstood what u meant.
>
>Gaz

Thanks, Gaz. I'll check it out.