Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > see more

see more

shay

Hi all, i was just wondering if it is possible to change the amout of posts
that i see in a newsgroup, at current it is at 300 and washoping to get it
higher.
Thanks everyone for reading

larry.fatcat

Go to:
Tools
Read (Click the read tab)

Halfway down it says Get 300 headers

I think you can move this up to 1000 if you wish.

Larry

"shay" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ThoVb.59$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all, i was just wondering if it is possible to change the amout of

posts
> that i see in a newsgroup, at current it is at 300 and washoping to get it
> higher.
> Thanks everyone for reading

°Mike°

First of all, your version of Outlook Express in not up
to date. Install the latest IE and OE cumulative
updates, and visit Windows Update, too.

Outlook Express
April 2003, Cumulative Patch for Outlook Express (330994)
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/...94/default.asp

Internet Explorer
February 2004 Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer (832894)
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec...n/ms04-004.asp

Next, your question has already been answered, but I'd just
add that you would be better off using a real newsreader.

Agent
http://www.forteinc.com/

40tude Dialog
http://www.40tude.com/dialog/

Xnews
http://xnews.newsguy.com/

XanaNews
http://www.wilsonc.demon.co.uk/d7xananews.htm

On Sun, 8 Feb 2004 10:35:39 -0000, in
<ThoVb.59$(E-Mail Removed)>
shay scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Tim

larry.fatcat wrote:
> Go to:
> Tools
> Read (Click the read tab)
>
> Halfway down it says Get 300 headers
>
> I think you can move this up to 1000 if you wish.

or untick it to download all of them