Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > User not selected by default on WinXP logon anymore

User not selected by default on WinXP logon anymore

J Warrington

Hi all

I have a slight annoyance with Windows XP home - when i first installed it,
it used to select the only user (me) when the pc was booted once it got to
the logon screen and so i could just type the password without using the
mouse. However since installing a Windows Update (presumably a specific one
out of a whole lot i downloaded at once) I now have to click on the user
password bit to enter my password (or press tab twice).

I know it's minor but if anyone wants to indulge me on how to relieve this
AGONY i experience every time i boot up the computer, I would be this
grateful:

|<----------------------------------------------->|

J Warrington

Cheers (obviously i dont' want to remove EACH update to check them )

Kenny Cargill

If you want PC to boot straight to XP type
"control userpasswords2", no quotes in the Run box and uncheck "Users must
enter a name .....".
--

Kenny

"J Warrington" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:z5eVb.6523$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all
>
> I have a slight annoyance with Windows XP home - when i first installed

it,
> it used to select the only user (me) when the pc was booted once it got to
> the logon screen and so i could just type the password without using the
> mouse. However since installing a Windows Update (presumably a specific

one
> out of a whole lot i downloaded at once) I now have to click on the user
> password bit to enter my password (or press tab twice).
>
> I know it's minor but if anyone wants to indulge me on how to relieve this
> AGONY i experience every time i boot up the computer, I would be this
> grateful:

> J Warrington
>
> Cheers (obviously i dont' want to remove EACH update to check them )

J Warrington

I still want my account to be password protected though, and how do I delete
the other Administrator account that seems to be there?

Cheers

news:c0414p$11nmqi$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...