Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Help with vidoe files burned to CDR

Help with vidoe files burned to CDR

Jack Slater

I hope this is the right forum - if not please suggest.

I used Nero 5 to burn mpg and avi files to CDRs. Now, when I try to access
them using Windows Media Player ver. 9, the mpg files run fine, some avi
files run fine, but SOME of the avi files try to "connect" and then display
"error downloading codec" and eventually just play the sound. What caused
this? How do I play? How do I save the files - they wont even copy from the
CD back to PC.

These files worked OK on PC before I burned them.

Gareth not NLL or anybody else.

"Jack Slater" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> I hope this is the right forum - if not please suggest.
>
> I used Nero 5 to burn mpg and avi files to CDRs. Now, when I try to

access
> them using Windows Media Player ver. 9, the mpg files run fine, some avi
> files run fine, but SOME of the avi files try to "connect" and then

display
> "error downloading codec" and eventually just play the sound. What caused
> this? How do I play? How do I save the files - they wont even copy from

the
> CD back to PC.
>
> These files worked OK on PC before I burned them.

Have you tried installing divx???
You can get a program called GSPOT from www.vcdhelp.com in the tools
section, which will tell you what codec you need to play the avi files.

Gaz

Jack Slater

no nothing about divx - what is it and why do I need it if the files ran ok
before burning?

"Gareth not NLL or anybody else." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:c03lis$129vs8$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...

> no nothing about divx - what is it and why do I need it if the files ran

ok
> before burning?

Divx is a type of compression for avi files.
You need the divx codec which can be downloaded from www.divx.com (I think
this is the right webby)
Have you tried copying the files back onto your pc from the cd and then
playing them????
What happens then???
Download Gspot from here http://www.headbands.com/gspot/download.html
Extract it then run it.
Use the browse button in gspot and select your file.
I have made a jpeg of how to do it which u can find here
http://tinyurl.com/2ocxe

Let me know how u get on

Gaz

Professor

Some video files might be compressed with codecs that are not handled by
your player. You might try Quicktime for Windows which will play some files
that Windows Media Player wont play or you might try updating Windows Media
player to the latest version.
"Jack Slater" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> I hope this is the right forum - if not please suggest.
>
> I used Nero 5 to burn mpg and avi files to CDRs. Now, when I try to

access
> them using Windows Media Player ver. 9, the mpg files run fine, some avi
> files run fine, but SOME of the avi files try to "connect" and then

display
> "error downloading codec" and eventually just play the sound. What caused
> this? How do I play? How do I save the files - they wont even copy from

the
> CD back to PC.
>
> These files worked OK on PC before I burned them.

Jack Slater

After installing dvix I can get the files to play but still can't copy them
back to HD! Seems real odd. Plus I'm sure they played before I burned them
and without divx.

"Gareth not NLL or anybody else." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:c03npm$10scrc$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...

> After installing dvix I can get the files to play but still can't copy

them
> back to HD! Seems real odd. Plus I'm sure they played before I burned

them
> and without divx.

So you have got the video working now. Thats a good start.
What happens when u copy and paste the files from the cd eg error message???
Are these standard data cds or have you made a special video cd (VCD/SVCD)??

Gaz

Jack Slater

"Gareth not NLL or anybody else." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:c07plj$142nje$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...

> "Jack Slater" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > After installing dvix I can get the files to play but still can't copy

> them
> > back to HD! Seems real odd. Plus I'm sure they played before I burned

> them
> > and without divx.

> So you have got the video working now. Thats a good start.
> What happens when u copy and paste the files from the cd eg error

message???
> Are these standard data cds or have you made a special video cd

(VCD/SVCD)??

> Gaz

seems like they will copy to the ND now too - very odd.

thanks.

tibco vidoe tutorials kiran Java 0 09-11-2010 10:31 AM
CD Burner won't read burned CDR's Nottoman Computer Support 2 04-13-2004 02:32 PM

Advertisments