Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Looking for good label-making software....

Looking for good label-making software....

Cyberplotz

I have a copy of My Advanced Label Designer laying around from when I
was still using Windows 95, many years ago. I figured I'd try to load
in on my Windows XP box, just so I can say unequivocally that it
wouldn't work, and of course it didn't. The MySoftware Company, that
made the software, is out of business, so forget about upgrades.

So, I'm wondering: what's a good piece of label-making software? Mostly
for address labels, report cover labels, etc. Hope someone can help me
out. Thanks!

Frank_G

there is a free and a pro version by Avery, that either plugs into Word or
is a standalone, providing templates for multi purpose labels

"Cyberplotz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> I have a copy of My Advanced Label Designer laying around from when I
> was still using Windows 95, many years ago. I figured I'd try to load
> in on my Windows XP box, just so I can say unequivocally that it
> wouldn't work, and of course it didn't. The MySoftware Company, that
> made the software, is out of business, so forget about upgrades.
>
> So, I'm wondering: what's a good piece of label-making software? Mostly
> for address labels, report cover labels, etc. Hope someone can help me
> out. Thanks!

PuppyKatt

"Frank_G" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:X%6Vb.14532$(E-Mail Removed). ..
: there is a free and a pro version by Avery, that either plugs into
Word or
: is a standalone, providing templates for multi purpose labels
:
:

And this is available where?

:
: "Cyberplotz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
: news:WT6Vb.244840$na.404450@attbi_s04...
: > I have a copy of My Advanced Label Designer laying around from when
: > was still using Windows 95, many years ago. I figured I'd try to
load
: > in on my Windows XP box, just so I can say unequivocally that it
: > wouldn't work, and of course it didn't. The MySoftware Company,
that
: > made the software, is out of business, so forget about upgrades.
: >
: > So, I'm wondering: what's a good piece of label-making software?
Mostly
: > for address labels, report cover labels, etc. Hope someone can
help me
: > out. Thanks!
: >
:
:

JM

On Sat, 07 Feb 2004 14:47:18 GMT, Cyberplotz wrote:

> I have a copy of My Advanced Label Designer laying around from when I
> was still using Windows 95, many years ago. I figured I'd try to load
> in on my Windows XP box, just so I can say unequivocally that it
> wouldn't work, and of course it didn't. The MySoftware Company, that
> made the software, is out of business, so forget about upgrades.
>
> So, I'm wondering: what's a good piece of label-making software? Mostly
> for address labels, report cover labels, etc. Hope someone can help me
> out. Thanks!

For address labels and barcodes I would suggest LabelMaster or Zebra, their
software is available from their websites.
--
Computers are like Old Testament gods; lots of rules and no mercy.
Joseph Campbell

Frank_G

just do a google search for the Avery website

--
xx
"PuppyKatt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsd8Vb.378$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Frank_G" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:X%6Vb.14532$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> : there is a free and a pro version by Avery, that either plugs into
> Word or
> : is a standalone, providing templates for multi purpose labels
> :
> :
>
> And this is available where?
>
> :
> : "Cyberplotz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> : news:WT6Vb.244840$na.404450@attbi_s04...
> : > I have a copy of My Advanced Label Designer laying around from when
> : > was still using Windows 95, many years ago. I figured I'd try to
> load
> : > in on my Windows XP box, just so I can say unequivocally that it
> : > wouldn't work, and of course it didn't. The MySoftware Company,
> that
> : > made the software, is out of business, so forget about upgrades.
> : >
> : > So, I'm wondering: what's a good piece of label-making software?
> Mostly
> : > for address labels, report cover labels, etc. Hope someone can
> help me
> : > out. Thanks!
> : >
> :
> :

kipper

The Envelopes/Labels in the Tools menu in Word is quite good too as you can
customise your labels to whatever size you want. Only set back is that you
can only print 1 or whole page

"Cyberplotz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> I have a copy of My Advanced Label Designer laying around from when I
> was still using Windows 95, many years ago. I figured I'd try to load
> in on my Windows XP box, just so I can say unequivocally that it
> wouldn't work, and of course it didn't. The MySoftware Company, that
> made the software, is out of business, so forget about upgrades.
>
> So, I'm wondering: what's a good piece of label-making software? Mostly
> for address labels, report cover labels, etc. Hope someone can help me
> out. Thanks!

Cyberplotz

Frank_G wrote:
> just do a google search for the Avery website
>
> --
> xx
> "PuppyKatt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> newsd8Vb.378$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>"Frank_G" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:X%6Vb.14532$(E-Mail Removed) m...
>>: there is a free and a pro version by Avery, that either plugs into
>>Word or
>>: is a standalone, providing templates for multi purpose labels
>>:
>>:
>>
>>And this is available where?
>>
>>:
>>: "Cyberplotz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>: news:WT6Vb.244840$na.404450@attbi_s04...
>>: > I have a copy of My Advanced Label Designer laying around from when
>>: > was still using Windows 95, many years ago. I figured I'd try to
>>load
>>: > in on my Windows XP box, just so I can say unequivocally that it
>>: > wouldn't work, and of course it didn't. The MySoftware Company,
>>that
>>: > made the software, is out of business, so forget about upgrades.
>>: >
>>: > So, I'm wondering: what's a good piece of label-making software?
>>Mostly
>>: > for address labels, report cover labels, etc. Hope someone can
>>help me
>>: > out. Thanks!
>>: >
>>:
>>:

Here's the link:

http://www.avery.com/us/software/index.jsp

Once you get there, click on "Avery DesignPro Software." The next page
will feature a free download link. I used it - works like a charm.

PuppyKatt

Got it; thanks to all who replied.

: Frank_G wrote:
: > just do a google search for the Avery website
: >
: > --
: > xx
: > "PuppyKatt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
: > newsd8Vb.378$(E-Mail Removed)...
: >
: >>"Frank_G" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
: >>news:X%6Vb.14532$(E-Mail Removed) m...
: >>: there is a free and a pro version by Avery, that either plugs into
: >>Word or
: >>: is a standalone, providing templates for multi purpose labels
: >>:
: >>:
: >>
: >>And this is available where?
: >>
: >>:
: >>: "Cyberplotz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
: >>: news:WT6Vb.244840$na.404450@attbi_s04...
: >>: > I have a copy of My Advanced Label Designer laying around from
when
: >>I
: >>: > was still using Windows 95, many years ago. I figured I'd try
: >>load
: >>: > in on my Windows XP box, just so I can say unequivocally that it
: >>: > wouldn't work, and of course it didn't. The MySoftware Company,
: >>that
: >>: > made the software, is out of business, so forget about upgrades.
: >>: >
: >>: > So, I'm wondering: what's a good piece of label-making software?
: >>Mostly
: >>: > for address labels, report cover labels, etc. Hope someone can
: >>help me
: >>: > out. Thanks!
: >>: >
: >>:
: >>:
: >>
: >>
: >
: >
: >
:
: Here's the link:
:
: http://www.avery.com/us/software/index.jsp
:
: Once you get there, click on "Avery DesignPro Software." The next
page
: will feature a free download link. I used it - works like a charm.
:

Unk

"My Advanced Label Designer" works perfectly well in WinXP. I've been using
it since the Win95 days. The only problem is that it won't INSTALL in
WinXP. Just copy the entire existing folder (If you still have it) to the
XP machine and create a new shortcut to "MYLABEL.EXE"

On Sat, 07 Feb 2004 14:47:18 GMT, Cyberplotz <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I have a copy of My Advanced Label Designer laying around from when I
>was still using Windows 95, many years ago. I figured I'd try to load
>in on my Windows XP box, just so I can say unequivocally that it
>wouldn't work, and of course it didn't. The MySoftware Company, that
>made the software, is out of business, so forget about upgrades.
>
>So, I'm wondering: what's a good piece of label-making software? Mostly
>for address labels, report cover labels, etc. Hope someone can help me
>out. Thanks!

narcdogg narcdogg is offline
Junior Member
Location: Arizona

I don't know what version you have but I installed mine on my XP machine and it works fine.

I have My Advanced Label Designer version 4.1.0.0 I had no problems installing it either.