Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Outlook Express Newsgroup Question

Outlook Express Newsgroup Question

Bluepill

I am new to this and any help with this will be appreciated....

I am using Outlook Express 6 to view newsgroup postings. I have my News
account and under it are listed all the groups that I subscribed to (ie.
alt.binaries.pc, alt.music etc). When I click on one of these groups, a
number appears to the right of the group name in parenthesis. I assume that
number is the number of posts or something like that. Anyway, over to the
right of the screen are the actual e-mail posts that people are sending in.
My question is, why can I only see 50 or 60 posts? What happened to
yesterdays? the day before? last months? etc. I do not have the "delete news
messages" option checked nor do I have the "compact" option checked.

I apologize if this e-mail was hard to understand.

Thanks,

Rosa

Tim Kettring

In OE ( what you are using ) you can click " tools " " get the next 200
headers "

The only thing is that sometimes the posts are so old that they are no
longer on the news-server....in that case you would have to use Google
Groups ( web )

"Bluepill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:_rYUb.127$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> I am new to this and any help with this will be appreciated....
>
> I am using Outlook Express 6 to view newsgroup postings. I have my News
> account and under it are listed all the groups that I subscribed to (ie.
> alt.binaries.pc, alt.music etc). When I click on one of these groups, a
> number appears to the right of the group name in parenthesis. I assume

that
> number is the number of posts or something like that. Anyway, over to the
> right of the screen are the actual e-mail posts that people are sending

in.
> My question is, why can I only see 50 or 60 posts? What happened to
> yesterdays? the day before? last months? etc. I do not have the "delete

news
> messages" option checked nor do I have the "compact" option checked.
>
> I apologize if this e-mail was hard to understand.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rosa

pcbutts1

In OE click tools>options>read tab>uncheck the box " Get XXX headers.

"Bluepill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:_rYUb.127$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> I am new to this and any help with this will be appreciated....
>
> I am using Outlook Express 6 to view newsgroup postings. I have my News
> account and under it are listed all the groups that I subscribed to (ie.
> alt.binaries.pc, alt.music etc). When I click on one of these groups, a
> number appears to the right of the group name in parenthesis. I assume

that
> number is the number of posts or something like that. Anyway, over to the
> right of the screen are the actual e-mail posts that people are sending

in.
> My question is, why can I only see 50 or 60 posts? What happened to
> yesterdays? the day before? last months? etc. I do not have the "delete

news
> messages" option checked nor do I have the "compact" option checked.
>
> I apologize if this e-mail was hard to understand.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rosa

treehugger

"Bluepill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:_rYUb.127$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> I am new to this and any help with this will be appreciated....
>
> I am using Outlook Express 6 to view newsgroup postings. I have my News
> account and under it are listed all the groups that I subscribed to (ie.
> alt.binaries.pc, alt.music etc). When I click on one of these groups, a
> number appears to the right of the group name in parenthesis. I assume that
> number is the number of posts or something like that. Anyway, over to the
> right of the screen are the actual e-mail posts that people are sending in.
> My question is, why can I only see 50 or 60 posts? What happened to
> yesterdays? the day before? last months? etc. I do not have the "delete news
> messages" option checked nor do I have the "compact" option checked.
>
> I apologize if this e-mail was hard to understand.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rosa

Download your news from a group then right-click and select 'Catch-up'
Go View>Current view>Show all messages
Go Tools>Options>Maintenance tab and select how many days you want to keep messages before they are deleted

HTH

---

lsj7

Bluepill wrote:
> I am new to this and any help with this will be appreciated....
>
> I am using Outlook Express 6 to view newsgroup postings.

Well then go here

Otherwise be prepared to be cussed out-flamed-shamed-kil-filed-and called
many names of ill-repute. I was once a top poster but now I am found and
see the light. Not because of the flames, but because of this fix site.

)

--
lsj7