Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Outlook PST password recovery

Outlook PST password recovery

Bibble Babble

Hi, well the first sign of ageing is upon me, I cannot remember the password
to my pst file from a couple of months ago, it was the same my login
password back then for ease of rememberance, but duh I have changed my
passwords a few times since then.

I've searched google and I can only find recovery tools that want payment,
yes I am a cheapskate.

In the end if I have to buy one then so be it, but in the meantime could
someone be so good to point me in the direction of a free recovery tool

trout

Bibble Babble wrote:

> Hi, well the first sign of ageing is upon me, I cannot remember the
> password to my pst file from a couple of months ago, it was the same
> my login password back then for ease of rememberance, but duh I have
> changed my passwords a few times since then.
>
> I've searched google and I can only find recovery tools that want
> payment, yes I am a cheapskate.
>
> In the end if I have to buy one then so be it, but in the meantime
> could someone be so good to point me in the direction of a free
> recovery tool

It seems to depend upon the version and OS. If it's 'older'; you may
be able to use the 'Outlook PST Password strip'. See:

"Good luck."

Iceman

"Bibble Babble" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4023f9b6$0$129$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> Hi, well the first sign of ageing is upon me, I cannot remember the

password
> to my pst file from a couple of months ago, it was the same my login
> password back then for ease of rememberance, but duh I have changed my
> passwords a few times since then.
>
> I've searched google and I can only find recovery tools that want payment,
> yes I am a cheapskate.
>
> In the end if I have to buy one then so be it, but in the meantime could
> someone be so good to point me in the direction of a free recovery tool

See if this helps:
http://pwp.netcabo.pt/rsoutlook/us/pstus.htm

Bibble Babble

Thanks for this, worked a treat

"Iceman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c012ub$117if1$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> "Bibble Babble" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:4023f9b6$0$129$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> > Hi, well the first sign of ageing is upon me, I cannot remember the

> password
> > to my pst file from a couple of months ago, it was the same my login
> > password back then for ease of rememberance, but duh I have changed my
> > passwords a few times since then.
> >
> > I've searched google and I can only find recovery tools that want

payment,
> > yes I am a cheapskate.
> >
> > In the end if I have to buy one then so be it, but in the meantime could
> > someone be so good to point me in the direction of a free recovery tool

> See if this helps:
> http://pwp.netcabo.pt/rsoutlook/us/pstus.htm

zxr zxr is offline
Junior Member

Hi,even if you forget the password for the encrypted PST file, you can still decrypt it by using Advanced Outlook Repair. Advanced Outlook Repair can decrypt all the encrypted data and convert it into a new PST file that doesn't require a password. You can visit http://www.datanumen.com/aor/problem...k-password.htm to get more detailed information.
http://www.datanumen.com/aor/ contains detailed information about Advanced Outlook Repair.
And you can also download a free demo version at http://www.datanumen.com/aor/aor.exe
Alan

jacksparrow jacksparrow is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibble Babble
Hi, well the first sign of ageing is upon me, I cannot remember the password
to my pst file from a couple of months ago, it was the same my login
password back then for ease of rememberance, but duh I have changed my
passwords a few times since then.

I've searched google and I can only find recovery tools that want payment,
yes I am a cheapskate.

In the end if I have to buy one then so be it, but in the meantime could
someone be so good to point me in the direction of a free recovery tool
In the field of data recovery stellar phoenix is a good name and the software which they produce is really high quality .One of his pst recovery software is very good to recover corrupted pst files ..

wangdong wangdong is offline
Junior Member

Hi,

Wangdong

juicyesn juicyesn is offline
Junior Member

Well you can manually recover your lost PST password with the command Pst19upg.exe -i filename.psx then press enter. After using this command your pst files will be free from password and you can easily again use your outlook files. You can also recover pst password with the assist of pst password recovery tool. Do a web search for good password recovery tool as there are numerous In the markets….

john_mayer1981 john_mayer1981 is offline
Junior Member

A PSTable is the data file used to store all your messages, calendar events, and other items in Microsoft Outlook and other Microsoft software.
PST files are extremely important for your mails.
PST store the 32 bit CRC32 hash value of the password entered by the user. When a PST file is opened using any version of Outlook it’ll check the hash value stored in it.
The problem with CRC32 hash is the fact that a lot of strings can have the same CRC32 hash.This means for a single 32 bit hash value there will be a lot of different but correct passwords!
PST Password Recovery tools are user friendly graphical interface and equipped with safe algorithms. All the techniques are safe and non-destructive to marintain complete data integrity.

SysInfoTools PST Password Recovery Software is the best utility to recover lost PST file password.
It can recover PST Password for files created with Outlook 2007, 2003, 2002 and 2000. It is compatible with Windows Vista, XP, 2003 and 2000.

mark888 mark888 is offline
Junior Member

As far as I know there a are a lot of ways to solve your problem and the easiest one of them is

to use program designed to see to such problem!
And I have tried many of them, according to my experience, I recommend you the Outlook Password

Recovery .It not only recovers Password to Open but removes Password to Open and Password to

Modify for you to view and edit MS Access database files easily.
And I google the address for you. it is

Or assword Recovery Bundle : a must-have toolkit to recover/remove/reset passwords for Windows,

Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, Outlook Express, PDF, RAR/WinRAR, ZIP/WinZIP, MSN, AOL,

Google Talk, Paltalk, Trillian, Miranda, Opera, Firefox and IE Browser , etc. Over 21 types of

passwords can be Recovered instantly

FREE .pst recovery tool ? Meat Plow Computer Support 10 12-19-2006 11:56 AM
PST recovery XPD NZ Computing 3 06-28-2005 08:18 PM
How to import Outlook Express PST file into Outlook Warwick NZ Computing 4 02-16-2004 10:37 AM

Advertisments