Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: create button for quicklaunch thats a keyboard shortcut

Re: create button for quicklaunch thats a keyboard shortcut

°Mike°

Just use the 'Show Desktop' command, that's what it's for.

And please fix your line wrap to 72 characters.

On Fri, 6 Feb 2004 18:07:39 -0000, in
<c00l5f$rj2$(E-Mail Removed)>
MrMagooba scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

MrMagooba

I use a program called DesktopX to add a few things to the desktop, but
when you click ont the default 'Show Desktop' icon, it minimizes it all
(all to do with how 'Show Desktop' works, windows explorer placed on top
or something, I can't remember!), but minimize all windows ('Windows
Key' + M) minimizes all the windows, prog's etc but leaves my DesktopX
objects alone.

Any ideas for sites that might have the info I am looking for?
Thanks.

> Just use the 'Show Desktop' command, that's what it's for.
>
> And please fix your line wrap to 72 characters.
>

> On Fri, 6 Feb 2004 18:07:39 -0000, in
> <c00l5f$rj2$(E-Mail Removed)>
> MrMagooba scrawled:
>
> >I would like to know if it is possible to create a button to put into

my 'QuickLaunch' bar, that is originally a keyboard shortcut, to replace
the 'Show Desktop' button. I want to make a button for the 'Windows
Key' + M. Is this possible? If so, could you please help me or point
me in the right direction?

> >Thanks.

Dan Shea

On Sat, 7 Feb 2004 01:22:30 -0000, "MrMagooba"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I use a program called DesktopX to add a few things to the desktop, but
>when you click ont the default 'Show Desktop' icon, it minimizes it all
>(all to do with how 'Show Desktop' works, windows explorer placed on top
>or something, I can't remember!), but minimize all windows ('Windows
>Key' + M) minimizes all the windows, prog's etc but leaves my DesktopX
>objects alone.
>
>Any ideas for sites that might have the info I am looking for?
>Thanks.

Macro Express will let you record keystrokes (e.g. Windows Key + M)
and play them back. That might do the trick. You could probably
record the keystrokes as a macro and create a shortcut to that macro
in the QuickLaunch bar.

Cheers,
dan

°Mike°

AutoIt is a free program for automating tasks/keystrokes.
http://www.hiddensoft.com/AutoIt/

On Sat, 7 Feb 2004 01:22:30 -0000, in
<c01ekr$nji$(E-Mail Removed)>
MrMagooba scrawled: