Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Import favorites in IE6

Import favorites in IE6

Andy A

Is there a way of globally importing Favorites from IE6 (saved as a folder
via CD from a now defunct hard drive) to IE6? Import wizard in IE6 doesn't
seem to want to play ball. Do IE Favorites exist as a text file somewhere,
so that a copy/paste might do the trick?

Any help appreciated!

°Mike°

Just drag the complete "child" folder structure to
your favorites folder. Only drag the subfolders,
*not* the 'Favorites' itself.

On Fri, 6 Feb 2004 00:40:58 +0000 (UTC), in
<bvunqq$i3$(E-Mail Removed)>
Andy A scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Andy A

So simple when you know how! Thanks very much, Mike.
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Just drag the complete "child" folder structure to
> your favorites folder. Only drag the subfolders,
> *not* the 'Favorites' itself.
>

> On Fri, 6 Feb 2004 00:40:58 +0000 (UTC), in
> <bvunqq$i3$(E-Mail Removed)>
> Andy A scrawled:
>
> >Is there a way of globally importing Favorites from IE6 (saved as a

folder
> >via CD from a now defunct hard drive) to IE6? Import wizard in IE6

doesn't
> >seem to want to play ball. Do IE Favorites exist as a text file

somewhere,
> >so that a copy/paste might do the trick?
> >
> >Any help appreciated!
> >

> --
> Basic computer maintenance

°Mike°

You're welcome.

On Fri, 6 Feb 2004 02:03:56 +0000 (UTC), in
<bvusmc$cre$(E-Mail Removed)>
Andy A scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance