Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Intalling External drive Cd burner on Windows 98 version 4.10.98

Intalling External drive Cd burner on Windows 98 version 4.10.98

Bun Mui

Intalling External drive Cd burner on Windows 98 version 4.10.98

I wish to install an external E-drive cd-burner on my
Windows 98 version 4.10.98 computer.

Currently I have C: and D: drive as 2 harddrives and E drive as cd-rom drive.

I wish to install E-drive cd-burner on my Windows 98 version 4.10.98 computer.

I have to attach it via parallell port at the back of my computer and
it suppose to automatically install by itself.

So what will the E-drive external burner be at? F drive?

Any comments as to what I should do and what will happen?

As I don't want my other drives already installed to change letter drive or
be cancelled.

TIA

Bun Mui

Dan Shea

On 5 Feb 2004 07:13:55 -0800, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Bun Mui) wrote:

>Intalling External drive Cd burner on Windows 98 version 4.10.98
>
>I wish to install an external E-drive cd-burner on my
>Windows 98 version 4.10.98 computer.

Is E-drive the *brand name* of the CD burner? Maybe just call it "the
burner" in future to avoid confusion.

>Currently I have C: and D: drive as 2 harddrives and E drive as cd-rom drive.
>
>I wish to install E-drive cd-burner on my Windows 98 version 4.10.98 computer.
>
>I have to attach it via parallell port at the back of my computer and
>it suppose to automatically install by itself.
>
>So what will the E-drive external burner be at? F drive?

Yes. It should take the next sequential drive letter available.

>Any comments as to what I should do and what will happen?
>
>As I don't want my other drives already installed to change letter drive or
>be cancelled.

Hook it up. It should become the F: drive, and your current drive
assignments should be unchanged.

Cheers,
dan

>TIA
>

>Bun Mui

Bun Mui

Dan Shea <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>. ..
> On 5 Feb 2004 07:13:55 -0800, (E-Mail Removed) (Bun Mui) wrote:
>
> >Intalling External drive Cd burner on Windows 98 version 4.10.98
> >
> >I wish to install an external E-drive cd-burner on my
> >Windows 98 version 4.10.98 computer.

> Is E-drive the *brand name* of the CD burner? Maybe just call it "the
> burner" in future to avoid confusion.
>
> >Currently I have C: and D: drive as 2 harddrives and E drive as cd-rom drive.
> >
> >I wish to install E-drive cd-burner on my Windows 98 version 4.10.98 computer.
> >
> >I have to attach it via parallell port at the back of my computer and
> >it suppose to automatically install by itself.
> >
> >So what will the E-drive external burner be at? F drive?

> Yes. It should take the next sequential drive letter available.
>
> >Any comments as to what I should do and what will happen?
> >
> >As I don't want my other drives already installed to change letter drive or
> >be cancelled.

> Hook it up. It should become the F: drive, and your current drive
> assignments should be unchanged.

If we unhook up the burner does the F: drive disappear?

What happens.

Thanks.

Bun Mui

> Cheers,
> dan
>

> >TIA
> >

> >Bun Mui

Boomer

Bun Mui, <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
[big snip]

Hi

You are abusing a valid domian. Do you have permission to use
elvis.com in your address?

~ Munging ~
http://www.ecofuture.org/jmnews.html#hide

Example: (E-Mail Removed)lid

Please Do Not abuse a valid domain.

To verify, do a 'whois' search at http://network-tools.com/,
http://www.samspade.org/ or http://www.canufly.net/~georgegg/dns/

~ Spambots ~
http://www.sendfakemail.com/fakemail...t/makebait.asp

~ Harvesting ~
http://www.private.org.il/harvest.html
http://easyweb.easynet.co.uk/~gcasel...arvesting.html

Dan Shea

On 5 Feb 2004 21:47:34 -0800, (E-Mail Removed) (Bun Mui) wrote:

<snip>
>> Hook it up. It should become the F: drive, and your current drive
>> assignments should be unchanged.

>If we unhook up the burner does the F: drive disappear?

Almost certainly.

>What happens.

Only one way to find out...

Cheers,