Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Why will IE not display pages??

Why will IE not display pages??

Blobby J Blobdom

Apologies for the repost, but I still have this problem, and Im
completely stumped.

Have tried suggestions....
- check HTTP 1.1 Proxy settings - makes no difference
- check winsock okay with LSP-Fix - makes no difference

Any other clues???

Thanks

(desperate)

I have a client who can use IE happily on his office LAN.
This LAN uses fixed addresses through a gateway.

Ive just configured a Siemens S55 Bluetooth phone to hook up to GPRS
for him.

The laptop and the phone pair easily and Dial Up Networking
establishes a connection.

I can ping the gateway, DNS and various remote servers.

However, IE will not display pages. I get 'Connecting to..." but then
shortly after 'page not found'

Neither can I use finger or telnet.

Any clues??

Thanks

J.

Boomer

Blobby J Blobdom wrote:
> Apologies for the repost, but I still have this problem, and Im
> completely stumpy.

Probably.