Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > [OT] Should we buy shares in Google?

[OT] Should we buy shares in Google?

Pauline Johnson

Extract from Sydney Morning Herald:-

"But Google is an entirely different animal from Netscape. Apart from
anything else it makes money - lots of it. Last year Google's revenue
was $1 billion and its profit about $350 million.

"That's a 35 per cent profit margin. It's the sort of profit margin
that classified newspapers like The Age and The Sydney Morning Herald
used to make and which produced the expression: `Rivers of Gold'."

See:-

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/...853940519.html

--
Paulie

pjpjpj A T aussiemail D O T com

philo

"Pauline Johnson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Extract from Sydney Morning Herald:-
>
> "But Google is an entirely different animal from Netscape. Apart from
> anything else it makes money - lots of it. Last year Google's revenue
> was $1 billion and its profit about $350 million.
>
> "That's a 35 per cent profit margin. It's the sort of profit margin
> that classified newspapers like The Age and The Sydney Morning Herald
> used to make and which produced the expression: `Rivers of Gold'."

i'm going to get some shares of google
the interest i'm getting from the bank is too low to even think about