Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > internet explorer behaving oddly

internet explorer behaving oddly

malcolm

Help Please, internet explorer behaves oddly. when I am on a website and
wish to go to the link on the site, it locks up,how ,do I re-install it, as
it does not appear in the add & remove progs.also when i start comp System
32 page opens, have checked for virus and non found.

thanks

malcolm http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

°Mike°

On Wed, 4 Feb 2004 19:46:23 +0000 (UTC), in
<bvri6e$idq$(E-Mail Removed)>
malcolm scrawled:

>Help Please, internet explorer behaves oddly. when I am on a website and
>wish to go to the link on the site, it locks up,

You Cannot Open New Internet Explorer Window or
Nothing Happens After You Click a Link

Nothing happens when you click a link
http://www.fjsmjs.com/OE/nolinks.htm

>how ,do I re-install it,as it does not appear in the add & remove progs.

Copy/Paste the following into your Start / Run box (all one line):

rundll32 setupwbv.dll,IE6Maintenance "C:\Program Files\Internet
Explorer\Setup\SETUP.EXE" /g

If that doesn't work, try:

rundll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 132
C:\windows\inf\ie.inf

And if THAT doesn't work, try just:

rundll32 setupwbv.dll,IE6Maintenance

>also when i start comp System 32 page opens, have checked for virus
>and non found.

Make sure that all of your startup shortcuts pointing
to "Program Files", have double quotes around them.

Folder Options / View ...
Uncheck 'Restore previous folder windows at logon'.

Remove Common Tasks from Desktop
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_d...sk_desktop.htm

Make sure that no Windows are open when you close down
or reboot, as Windows can remember that they were open
and reinstate them on bootup.

Check that the following registry key is equal to zero:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Explorer
DesktopProcess = 0x00000000 (0)

Check the following registry keys for entries that might
initiate a window opening:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Run
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\RunServices
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\RunServicesOnce
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\RunOnce
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\RunOnce\Setup

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Run
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\RunOnce

--
Basic computer maintenance

Iceman

"malcolm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bvri6e$idq$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Help Please, internet explorer behaves oddly. when I am on a website and
> wish to go to the link on the site, it locks up,how ,do I re-install it,

as
> it does not appear in the add & remove progs.also when i start comp

System
> 32 page opens, have checked for virus and non found.

See:
http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/answers3.htm#freezing

Kenos

Just thought that I would like to thank and complement you on your very
helpful answer.
Keep up the good work.

Kenos

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

-----------------

> Make sure that no Windows are open when you close down
> or reboot, as Windows can remember that they were open
> and reinstate them on bootup.
>
> Check that the following registry key is equal to zero:
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Explorer
> DesktopProcess = 0x00000000 (0)
>
> Check the following registry keys for entries that might
> initiate a window opening:
>
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Run
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\RunServices

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\RunServicesOnce
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\RunOnce
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\RunOnce\Setup
>
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Run
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\RunOnce
>

> --
> Basic computer maintenance

°Mike°

Thank you, and you're welcome.