Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > ini

Diana

"Trax" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Wed, 04 Feb 2004 03:09:48 GMT, "Diana" <<))))))<<<@hugs.com>
> wrote:
>
> |>Oh I am sorry it isn't this computer. It is my other one. It isn't even

on
> |>the internet until next week only this one is for now It scanned disk

after
> |>my husband turned power back on but keeps shutting down. It is a Win98

HP I
> |>can't bring it back up to anything past the windows opening and then it
> |>shuts down
>
> Darn if ever I need a chat room.
>
> Different approach, have him hit F8 at start-up and safe boot into 98
> might get you in.
>
> There are so many variables here that it's hard to say much more than
> that. most would say to reinstall your system, and in this case it
> might be appropriate but it's a lot of work for a missing INI, but if
> you don't know how to find it...
>
> Real pertinent question here would be what is the name of the ini
> file?
>

> --
> ,,
> ( "> w
> ,(> )>| If you can't dazzle them with brilliance,
> ( ^^ ' riddle them with bullets.

sorry it took so long. did what you said and nothing did find the ini file
that is missing is SYSTEM.INI

DI

Dan Shea

Diana,

Start up your computer. Before Windows starts, start hitting F8 every
seond or so. It should come up with a boot menu. Select "Command
Prompt Only". At the command prompt, type "scanreg /restore".
Restore a registry from before the power went out on you. Reboot, and
see how that works.

Cheers,
dan

On Wed, 04 Feb 2004 03:49:36 GMT, "Diana" <<))))))<<<@hugs.com>
wrote:

>"Trax" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .

>on

>after

>HP I
>>
>> Darn if ever I need a chat room.
>>
>> Different approach, have him hit F8 at start-up and safe boot into 98
>> might get you in.
>>
>> There are so many variables here that it's hard to say much more than
>> that. most would say to reinstall your system, and in this case it
>> might be appropriate but it's a lot of work for a missing INI, but if
>> you don't know how to find it...
>>
>> Real pertinent question here would be what is the name of the ini
>> file?
>>

>> --
>> ,,
>> ( "> w
>> ,(> )>| If you can't dazzle them with brilliance,
>> ( ^^ ' riddle them with bullets.

>sorry it took so long. did what you said and nothing did find the ini file
>that is missing is SYSTEM.INI
>
>DI

Diana

"Dan Shea" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Diana,
>
> Start up your computer. Before Windows starts, start hitting F8 every
> seond or so. It should come up with a boot menu. Select "Command
> Prompt Only". At the command prompt, type "scanreg /restore".
> Restore a registry from before the power went out on you. Reboot, and
> see how that works.
>
> Cheers,
> dan
>
> On Wed, 04 Feb 2004 03:49:36 GMT, "Diana" <<))))))<<<@hugs.com>
> wrote:
>

> >"Trax" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news:(E-Mail Removed).. .

even
> >on

> >after

Win98
> >HP I

it

> >> Darn if ever I need a chat room.
> >>
> >> Different approach, have him hit F8 at start-up and safe boot into 98
> >> might get you in.
> >>
> >> There are so many variables here that it's hard to say much more than
> >> that. most would say to reinstall your system, and in this case it
> >> might be appropriate but it's a lot of work for a missing INI, but if
> >> you don't know how to find it...
> >>
> >> Real pertinent question here would be what is the name of the ini
> >> file?
> >>

> >> --
> >> ,,
> >> ( "> w
> >> ,(> )>| If you can't dazzle them with brilliance,
> >> ( ^^ ' riddle them with bullets.

> >sorry it took so long. did what you said and nothing did find the ini

file
> >that is missing is SYSTEM.INI
> >
> >DI

Thank you I will try that now and let you know thanks !!

Di

Trax

wrote:

|>> Real pertinent question here would be what is the name of the ini
|>> file?
|>>
|>sorry it took so long. did what you said and nothing did find the ini file
|>that is missing is SYSTEM.INI

http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforum...read.php?t=549

Which version of Windows are you running? If you are running Win9x
(which seems likely, from the symptoms), you can invoke the boot menu
and boot to Command prompt only. Once you have a command prompt
available, type in scanreg /restore. This presents you with a list of
recent Registry backups. Select one that you feel comfortable with,
restore it, and reboot. The .CAB backup file contains all 4 registry
files: System.DAT, User.DAT, Win.INI, and System.INI.

======
To get to the command prompt keep hitting F8 at start-up you will be
met with the option.
--
,,
( "> w
,(> )>| If you can't dazzle them with brilliance,
( ^^ ' riddle them with bullets.

Diana

"Dan Shea" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Diana,
>
> Start up your computer. Before Windows starts, start hitting F8 every
> seond or so. It should come up with a boot menu. Select "Command
> Prompt Only". At the command prompt, type "scanreg /restore".
> Restore a registry from before the power went out on you. Reboot, and
> see how that works.
>
> Cheers,
> dan
>
> On Wed, 04 Feb 2004 03:49:36 GMT, "Diana" <<))))))<<<@hugs.com>
> wrote:
>

> >"Trax" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news:(E-Mail Removed).. .

even
> >on

> >after

Win98
> >HP I

it

> >> Darn if ever I need a chat room.
> >>
> >> Different approach, have him hit F8 at start-up and safe boot into 98
> >> might get you in.
> >>
> >> There are so many variables here that it's hard to say much more than
> >> that. most would say to reinstall your system, and in this case it
> >> might be appropriate but it's a lot of work for a missing INI, but if
> >> you don't know how to find it...
> >>
> >> Real pertinent question here would be what is the name of the ini
> >> file?
> >>

> >> --
> >> ,,
> >> ( "> w
> >> ,(> )>| If you can't dazzle them with brilliance,
> >> ( ^^ ' riddle them with bullets.

> >sorry it took so long. did what you said and nothing did find the ini

file
> >that is missing is SYSTEM.INI
> >
> >DI

THANKS !!! you all are going to make a computer expert out of me yet If
I could I would give you Big hugs . Thanks for your help............It Work
!!! got it up and running again

Di

Trax

On Wed, 04 Feb 2004 04:10:56 GMT, "Diana" <<))))))<<<@hugs.com>
wrote:

|>"Dan Shea" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
|>news:(E-Mail Removed). ..

|>THANKS !!! you all are going to make a computer expert out of me yet If
|>I could I would give you Big hugs . Thanks for your help............It Work
|>!!! got it up and running again

Good for you!
--
,,
( "> w
,(> )>| If you can't dazzle them with brilliance,
( ^^ ' riddle them with bullets.

Diana

"Trax" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Wed, 04 Feb 2004 04:10:56 GMT, "Diana" <<))))))<<<@hugs.com>
> wrote:
>

> |>"Dan Shea" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> |>news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>

> |>THANKS !!! you all are going to make a computer expert out of me yet

If
> |>I could I would give you Big hugs . Thanks for your help............It

Work
> |>!!! got it up and running again
> |>

> Good for you!
> --
> ,,
> ( "> w
> ,(> )>| If you can't dazzle them with brilliance,
> ( ^^ ' riddle them with bullets.

I could not have done it with you and the others. You all are always here in
my time of need and I can't thank you enough

Di

Dan Shea

You're welcome.

Cheers,
dan

wrote:

>THANKS !!! you all are going to make a computer expert out of me yet If
>I could I would give you Big hugs . Thanks for your help............It Work
>!!! got it up and running again

Boot.ini not in root? Where is Boot.ini for Win 2000 pro? rosalind8109@nospamrodadrunner.net Computer Support 15 02-03-2007 03:39 AM
Re: VB.NET and ini file jrbtech@gmail.com ASP .Net 0 01-22-2005 02:04 PM
Convertion php to asp.net : PB lecture fichier .ini isore ASP .Net 0 07-01-2004 05:52 PM
ini file Sphinx ASP .Net 2 02-25-2004 01:34 PM
Update INI file problem chapman ASP .Net 0 07-31-2003 03:59 AM

Advertisments