Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > unable to receive or send mail

unable to receive or send mail

steve.kiely1

It appears that it is receiving mail, but nothing happens, then this window
appears

"Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for
inactivity. Account: 'mail.btopenworld.com', Server:
'pop3.norton.antivirus', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error
Number: 0x800CCC0F"

have not been able to use server for a long time - any ideas

Boomer

"steve.kiely1" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:bvonkb$14m$(E-Mail Removed):

> It appears that it is receiving mail, but nothing happens, then
> this window appears
>
> "Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible
> causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a
> long period of inactivity.

Because of the above message, I would contact BTOpenWorld.
Looks like they are having problems.

Do they have local news groups you can read through or ask a question
at? E-mail their support department?

> Account: 'mail.btopenworld.com',
> Server: 'pop3.norton.antivirus', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110,
> Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F"
>

> have not been able to use server for a long time - any ideas

Smirnoff

steve.kiely1 wrote:
> It appears that it is receiving mail, but nothing happens, then this
> window appears
>
> "Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible
> causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long
> period of inactivity. Account: 'mail.btopenworld.com', Server:
> 'pop3.norton.antivirus', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No,
> Error Number: 0x800CCC0F"
>

> have not been able to use server for a long time - any ideas

Same here. It's most likely to be a server problem (again!)
Best to wait a while longer.

°Mike°

Uninstall Norton Antivirus and install one that doesn't
take over your email settings.

On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 18:00:43 +0000 (UTC), in
<bvonkb$14m$(E-Mail Removed)>
steve.kiely1 scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance