Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Q. My browser doesn't stop, when I click on STOP.

Jim Jones

Hi,

Can anyone tell me why when I click on the stop button, on my IE
browser, why it doesnt just stop processing right then and there ?

Instead, it just continues to turn, and turn, and turn, as if it just
totally ignores the comman.

Please help, if you can.

Thanks,
Jim

Sano

On *every* site you try to stop?

- Jim Jones <(E-Mail Removed)> - spluttered in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

--
* Would somebody
please poke holes in

Robert de Brus

In news:Xns948448FCFCEEFecksandother@216.196.97.132,
Sano <(E-Mail Removed)> typed
|| On *every* site you try to stop?

Where does the message imply that? Are you just jumping to ridiculous
conclusions?

|| - Jim Jones <(E-Mail Removed)> - spluttered in
|| news:(E-Mail Removed):
||| Hi,
||| Can anyone tell me why when I click on the stop button, on my IE
||| browser, why it doesnt just stop processing right then and there ?
||| Instead, it just continues to turn, and turn, and turn, as if it
||| just totally ignores the comman.
||| Please help, if you can.
|| --
|| * Would somebody
|| please poke holes in
|| the top of my jar?

Jim Jones

On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 06:09:40 -0600, Sano
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On *every* site you try to stop?

Yes, on every site.

>- Jim Jones <(E-Mail Removed)> - spluttered in
>news:(E-Mail Removed) :
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Can anyone tell me why when I click on the stop button, on my IE
>> browser, why it doesnt just stop processing right then and there ?
>>
>> Instead, it just continues to turn, and turn, and turn, as if it just
>> totally ignores the comman.
>>
>> Please help, if you can.

Penna Elabi

Jim Jones <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>. ..

> Can anyone tell me why when I click on the stop button, on my IE
> browser, why it doesnt just stop processing right then and there ?
>
> Instead, it just continues to turn, and turn, and turn, as if it just
> totally ignores the comman.

Some web pages redirect you even when you don't want that to happen. I
use the "Home" button when IE doesn't stop processing.

Ant

"Robert de Brus" <de_brus@h o t m a i l.com> wrote in message
news:TpMTb.757$(E-Mail Removed)...

> In news:Xns948448FCFCEEFecksandother@216.196.97.132,
> Sano <(E-Mail Removed)> typed
> || On *every* site you try to stop?
>
> Where does the message imply that? Are you just jumping to ridiculous
> conclusions?

He is asking a question F*ckwit, that is what ? implies.

> || - Jim Jones <(E-Mail Removed)> - spluttered in
> || news:(E-Mail Removed):
> || --
> || * Would somebody
> || please poke holes in
> || the top of my jar?

Sano

First try the Repair option for IE.

Go to Control Panel> Add/ Remove Programs> find IE *whatever* and tick the
add/ remove button.

You'll be presented with three options. Select repair.

HTH

--
* Would somebody
please poke holes in

hklarry

hay jim: I have the same problem, when you get an answer please forward it
on to me at http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)