Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Strange .avi file behavoir

Strange .avi file behavoir

Croos Bustamunky

I have an .avi file of a movie that I am trying to play with Media Player.
When I play it the message appears at the bottom of Media Player saying
"contacting codec server," then "downloading codec," then only the audio
plays and the message "codec download failed" appears. Why is this
happening, and what do I have to do to get the video to work?

Thanks for your help!!

Unk

On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 04:11:37 GMT, "Croos Bustamunky" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
>I have an .avi file of a movie that I am trying to play with Media Player.
>When I play it the message appears at the bottom of Media Player saying
>"contacting codec server," then "downloading codec," then only the audio
>plays and the message "codec download failed" appears. Why is this
>happening, and what do I have to do to get the video to work?
>
>Thanks for your help!!

Codec resources:

First, download "Gspot" to determine exactly which codec you need.
http://www.headbands.com/gspot/

DivX 5.0.5
http://www.divx.com/divx/

MPEG2 Decoder Package
http://www.elecard.com/download/

http://video-codec.8m.com/codecs.htm

http://www.xvid.org/
http://www.xvidmovies.com/codec/

Nimo pack.
http://www.divx-digest.com/software/nimo_pack.html

FFDSHOW.
http://www.divx-digest.com/software/ffdshow.html

Download the MS-MPEG-4v3 codec fix (Win9x/NT4)
on: http://www.moviecodec.com/download/codecs.shtml

Compression Codecs (Huge list)
http://dshow.narod.ru/

Download the K-Lite Codec pack. This contrains the most uptodate video and
audio codecs.
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/***********************************mirror.htm

ACE Mega Codec Pack 5.93 Professional Edition has practically every codec
you need or ever wanted.
As of 7/13/03, this contains the latest version of every codec including
DivX and XviD and Gspot.
http://www.click-now.net/downloads.htm

http://abmefaq.net for all your Multimedia answers

michael turner

On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 04:11:37 +0000, Croos Bustamunky wrote:

> I have an .avi file of a movie that I am trying to play with Media Player.
> When I play it the message appears at the bottom of Media Player saying
> "contacting codec server," then "downloading codec," then only the audio
> plays and the message "codec download failed" appears. Why is this
> happening, and what do I have to do to get the video to work?

needs.

--
Michael Turner