Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Windows XP HOME SP1a installation stalls...

Windows XP HOME SP1a installation stalls...

Jimmy Dean

Have a legit copy of above am trying to setup for a friend.

Boots from CD OK, does the initial operations of loading various files
(takes few minutes), then stops at "Setup is starting Windows" blue
screen. Just will not proceed. Have tried another XP CD which I know
works, but the same result - stalls.

PC is 1 GHz/256MB/20MB - full format before starting.

Suggestions??

jd

°Mike°

Have you checked the hardware compatibility list at Microsoft?

Have you performed a thorough (surface) scandisk, to check
for potential hard drive problems?

On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 12:33:28 +1100, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Jimmy Dean scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Jimmy Dean

On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 12:33:28 +1100, Jimmy Dean <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Have a legit copy of above am trying to setup for a friend.
>
>Boots from CD OK, does the initial operations of loading various files
>(takes few minutes), then stops at "Setup is starting Windows" blue
>screen. Just will not proceed. Have tried another XP CD which I know
>works, but the same result - stalls.
>
>PC is 1 GHz/256MB/20MB - full format before starting.
>
>Suggestions??
>

>jd

I had to upgrade the BIOS !!!

Who said there's nothing new under the sun?

thanks for all who contributed

jd