Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > help extracting rar files

help extracting rar files

Frank

I have tried to open some multimedia .rar files from a newsgroup.
There were a total of 24 separate rar files each approximately 300KB.
I downloaded two to see if I could open them, but when I try to
extract them in a rar extraction utility called ICEOWS, I get a pop
up window that instructs me to ..." Insert disk volume N*2 and this is
followed by the name of the file and its path. In the background is
the Windows search light looking for a file.

I am using Forte Agent 1.92 and wonder what I might be doing wrong or
perhaps not doing something that I should?

Any advice or insights would be appreciated.

Frank

°Mike°

<Snip X-posting>

You need the complete series of xxxx.Rxx files.

On Mon, 02 Feb 2004 23:27:32 GMT, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Frank scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Frank

Thanks for responding Mike.
By the complete series of xxxx.Rxx files do you mean that when I get
" Insert disk volume N*2 that I don't have all the files and need to
download all of them - there is no way to just extract one of the
series and see if it is worth downloading the entire series?

Frank

On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 00:08:59 +0000, °Mike°
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

><Snip X-posting>
>
>You need the complete series of xxxx.Rxx files.
>

>On Mon, 02 Feb 2004 23:27:32 GMT, in
> <(E-Mail Removed)>
> Frank scrawled:
>

>>I have tried to open some multimedia .rar files from a newsgroup.
>>There were a total of 24 separate rar files each approximately 300KB.
>>I downloaded two to see if I could open them, but when I try to
>>extract them in a rar extraction utility called ICEOWS, I get a pop
>>up window that instructs me to ..." Insert disk volume N*2 and this is
>>followed by the name of the file and its path. In the background is
>>the Windows search light looking for a file.
>>
>>I am using Forte Agent 1.92 and wonder what I might be doing wrong or
>>perhaps not doing something that I should?
>>
>>Any advice or insights would be appreciated.
>>
>>Frank
>>
>>(E-Mail Removed)

>--
>Basic computer maintenance
>http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html

Re: Posting RAR inside ZIP inside RAR Mike Easter Computer Support 0 02-28-2010 05:31 PM
.zip files and .rar files? fj HTML 10 12-05-2006 04:23 PM
*.rar.txt and *rar files jdruk Computer Support 0 10-11-2004 01:21 AM
Help with RAR files Farmer Creek Computer Support 8 01-25-2004 08:21 PM
help newby to newsgroups how can I convert rar/rar2 files I havetried winrar with no luck thanks dave1966 Computer Support 3 01-04-2004 09:03 AM

Advertisments