Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > How can I make a program start - win98se

How can I make a program start - win98se

pcfreak

Hello, How can I get a program to start up, without clicking on it when
windows starts up. I am running windows 98se. I have a pc here and all I
want it to do is run one program. I am trying to eliminate the mouse. Is
there a program or something I can add to the startup menu ? Thanks.

Dan Shea

pcfreak,

Create a shortcut to the program you want. Copy the shortcut into the
C:\Windows\Start Menu\Startup folder.

Cheers,
dan

On Mon, 02 Feb 2004 19:04:13 GMT, "pcfreak" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Hello, How can I get a program to start up, without clicking on it when
>windows starts up. I am running windows 98se. I have a pc here and all I
>want it to do is run one program. I am trying to eliminate the mouse. Is
>there a program or something I can add to the startup menu ? Thanks.

°Mike°

Drag the executable to the Start / Programs / Startup
folder, with the right mouse button. When you let go,
choose 'Create shortcut here'.

On Mon, 02 Feb 2004 19:04:13 GMT, in
<NaxTb.374904$JQ1.14270@pd7tw1no>
pcfreak scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Harrison

Place a shortcut to the program in the Startup folder.

wrote:

>Hello, How can I get a program to start up, without clicking on it when
>windows starts up. I am running windows 98se. I have a pc here and all I
>want it to do is run one program. I am trying to eliminate the mouse. Is
>there a program or something I can add to the startup menu ? Thanks.

pcfreak

Hello, thanks worked like a charm !!!!!!!!! Score another one for
24hoursupport.helpdesk

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Drag the executable to the Start / Programs / Startup
> folder, with the right mouse button. When you let go,
> choose 'Create shortcut here'.
>

> On Mon, 02 Feb 2004 19:04:13 GMT, in
> <NaxTb.374904$JQ1.14270@pd7tw1no>
> pcfreak scrawled:
>
> >Hello, How can I get a program to start up, without clicking on it when
> >windows starts up. I am running windows 98se. I have a pc here and all

> >want it to do is run one program. I am trying to eliminate the mouse.

Is
> >there a program or something I can add to the startup menu ? Thanks.
> >

> --
> Basic computer maintenance

°Mike°

You're welcome.

On Mon, 02 Feb 2004 20:35:12 GMT, in
<4wyTb.383571$X%5.32775@pd7tw2no>
pcfreak scrawled:

>Hello, thanks worked like a charm !!!!!!!!! Score another one for
>24hoursupport.helpdesk

>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Drag the executable to the Start / Programs / Startup
>> folder, with the right mouse button. When you let go,
>> choose 'Create shortcut here'.

<snip>

--
Basic computer maintenance