Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Macromedia Flash V7

Macromedia Flash V7

bobster

I have Macromedia Flash V6 on my computer and I use the "kill" bit from
Spyware blaster to suppress it -- prevents banners, flashing ads, etc.
On the occasion when I want to use it, I just temporarily "uncheck" the
kill bit box. Lately, I've noticed that when I go to a URL that
requires Flash, it presents a box to download Flash V7.

Question: What features does V7 have that V6 doesn't. Am I missing
something useful? I hesitate to download new stuff unless it offers
something really special as my old P11 300 MHz, Win 98 machine works
like a charm.

Another question: Since I use WMP 7.1, can it be used to do the same
thing as Flash?

Any comments?

TIA

°Mike°

If you normally have it disabled, there seems to be
no point in upgrading, unless you run across a
page that *requires* v7.

WMP7 does not run Flash files.

On Mon, 02 Feb 2004 18:47:20 GMT, in
<YWwTb.79438$U%5.425680@attbi_s03>
bobster scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

How do you install Macromedia Flash into Firefox 1.5.0.1? Z Firefox 2 02-20-2006 06:03 AM
Script disruption with Macromedia Flash HellPope Huey Firefox 4 08-16-2005 07:42 PM
Macromedia Flash RogerB Firefox 1 04-22-2005 08:07 PM
Macromedia Flash not working right. Shorty Firefox 6 10-25-2004 03:18 AM
Macromedia Flash Player Plugin problem with Intel Demo pd Firefox 1 02-09-2004 08:43 AM

Advertisments