Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Cordless Keyboard and Mouse?

Cordless Keyboard and Mouse?

rfdjr1@optonline.net

What's a good reliable cordless keyboard and mouse combination, that's
not too tough on batteries?

nonewz_is_goodnewz

I have the logitech set, and the mouse is a battery monster. It works well
for me though.

My friend uses it also, and the mouse has a mind of it's own, jumping to and
fro. We haven't found a way to fix it yet, he'll probably trash it. It's
horrible.

I don't think I'd buy another Logitech for those reasons.

Linda

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> What's a good reliable cordless keyboard and mouse combination, that's
> not too tough on batteries?

claus per

<(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> What's a good reliable cordless keyboard and mouse combination, that's
> not too tough on batteries?

Senti

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) did mumble
(E-Mail Removed)...

> What's a good reliable cordless keyboard and mouse combination, that's
> not too tough on batteries?

I'm using Microsofts Wireless Desktop Pro set. I've had it since last
summer. I'm using Pure Energy rechargeable batteries in both the keyboard
and the mouse. The batteries in the keyboard haven't needed recharging
since last summer. The mouse batteries need to be recharged every 2 or 3
weeks.

--
~SF~
Profanity is the crutch of a conversational cripple. -Jay Alexander

Bay0Wulf

<SNIP>
> My friend uses it also, and the mouse has a mind of it's own, jumping to

and
> fro. We haven't found a way to fix it yet, he'll probably trash it. It's
> horrible.
>
> I don't think I'd buy another Logitech for those reasons.

You should get in touch with Logitech ... if you haven't already done so ...
their support has been outstanding for me in the past.
- Bay0Wulf

lafftrax

claus per wrote:
> <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>What's a good reliable cordless keyboard and mouse combination, that's
>>not too tough on batteries?

Try the gyration Ultra set, I've got it and it works great, rechargeable
battery and recharging cradle, keyboard is store bought batteries tho'
http://www.gyration.com/default.asp

--
Remove yourclothes to reply

Aunt Agatha

I have a Logitech set too, for a year now. No changing batteries for the
keyboard, twice for the mouse. Set in use: six days a week., under XP home
on a Celeron 557mB (or 567?) machine with no problems. The same set did
strange things on an XP home 2G machine (can't remember processor-type)
HTH
Aunt Agatha

"nonewz_is_goodnewz" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in
bericht news:7usTb.166093$nt4.749049@attbi_s51...
> I have the logitech set, and the mouse is a battery monster. It works

well
> for me though.
>
> My friend uses it also, and the mouse has a mind of it's own, jumping to

and
> fro. We haven't found a way to fix it yet, he'll probably trash it. It's
> horrible.
>
> I don't think I'd buy another Logitech for those reasons.
>
> Linda
>

> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > What's a good reliable cordless keyboard and mouse combination, that's
> > not too tough on batteries?

DT

, Once upon a time in a land far away (E-Mail Removed) was alleged to
have said:
> What's a good reliable cordless keyboard and mouse combination, that's
> not too tough on batteries?

Just purchased a Micro Innovations wireless keyboard/mouse set from
local Staples. On sale this week for $39.94 with a $15 mail-in rebate.
Thought the price was right so I am giving it a try. I actually
installed it about 30 minutes ago. So far, so good. The keyboard
includes a number of "hot buttons" for internet and sound control. Mouse
is 5 button optical. So far everything works as promised.

Instructions claim batteries should last app. 6 months. Keyboard has a
good feel.+

--

Alcohol and calculus don't mix. Never drink and derive.