Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > e-mail on PocketPC 2002

e-mail on PocketPC 2002

PK

Hi. I am using PPC 2002 on Dell Axim X5.

I have successfully attached my cell phone to establish a data connection to
surf the internet. However, when accessing my POP3 e-mail accounts, I can't
send. I receive e-mail messages just fine, but I can't send.

Any ideas. Thanks

Hambonz

On Sun, 1 Feb 2004 17:32:40 -0500, "PK" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi. I am using PPC 2002 on Dell Axim X5.
>
>I have successfully attached my cell phone to establish a data connection to
>surf the internet. However, when accessing my POP3 e-mail accounts, I can't
>send. I receive e-mail messages just fine, but I can't send.
>
>Any ideas. Thanks

I'm not familiar with Pocket PC, but email is often sent to SMTP
servers, and received from POP3 servers. Check with your ISP for the
names for their email (gateway) servers that you should be using to
send mail to.

e.g.

fetch mail from: pop3.myprovider.com
send mail to: smtp.myprovider.com