Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > PC making extremely weird noises

PC making extremely weird noises

*** HAWK

This is kinda weird to explain but my PC is making extremely weird 'Q-Bert'
type noises (like the old atari game)

I aint gotta clue why its doing this, the most recent programs installed
were some msn messenger emoticons from www.mess.be & also trojan protection
software called 'Pest Patrol'

These are extremely annoying beeps that I get when I load my profile - is
there anyway or program that can trace what program is doing this

I need help - I cannot keep this beep,beep much longer

Thanks

°Mike°

My guess is that it's Pest Patrol. Disable it, and see.

On Sun, 1 Feb 2004 21:43:05 -0000, in
<401d72eb$0$10056$(E-Mail Removed)>
*** HAWK scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

*** HAWK

I think you might be right
I have had no noises for the last hour after I disabled it

Has anybody else come across this weird feature in the program - I cannot
see the point of it
Thanks Mike... u been a big help (yet again)
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> My guess is that it's Pest Patrol. Disable it, and see.
>

> On Sun, 1 Feb 2004 21:43:05 -0000, in
> <401d72eb$0$10056$(E-Mail Removed)>
> *** HAWK scrawled:
>
> >This is kinda weird to explain but my PC is making extremely weird

'Q-Bert'
> >type noises (like the old atari game)
> >
> >I aint gotta clue why its doing this, the most recent programs installed
> >were some msn messenger emoticons from www.mess.be & also trojan

protection
> >software called 'Pest Patrol'
> >
> >These are extremely annoying beeps that I get when I load my profile - is
> >there anyway or program that can trace what program is doing this
> >
> >I need help - I cannot keep this beep,beep much longer
> >
> >Thanks
> >

> --
> Basic computer maintenance

°Mike°

I don't like Pest Patrol, period. It tends to think of
*everything* as spyware/malware.

On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 13:35:37 -0000, in
<401fa3a0$0$10063$(E-Mail Removed)>
*** HAWK scrawled: