Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Struggling wth new installation

Struggling wth new installation

Lee Davison

Ive just purchased a new HDD on which ive installed Win 2000 (to replace Win
ME which ive fallen out with). Im having trouble "activiating" my modem on
the new windows. I sees a modem there but doesnt see a recommended driver
and choosing a standard 56k modem doesnt work and you get error 646 (I
think) when you connect. Bearing in mind I have no software, instruction
book or anything for the modem, i have manged to figure out it is a:
MSP3880-W 56K PCI Modem Enumerator. Can anyone tell me what my next step is?

Likewise my graphics card a Geoforce Ti 4200 with AGP 8X. I cant remember
having an installation CD with this, if I had it must be long gone. Can
anyone advise where I can get the drivers and how I can install them onto my
new o/s? Also my floppy drive seems broken but thats a whole other story.

Regards
Lee

ICee

Lee Davison wrote:
> Ive just purchased a new HDD on which ive installed Win 2000 (to
> replace Win ME which ive fallen out with). Im having trouble
> "activiating" my modem on the new windows. I sees a modem there but
> doesnt see a recommended driver and choosing a standard 56k modem
> doesnt work and you get error 646 (I think) when you connect. Bearing
> in mind I have no software, instruction book or anything for the
> modem, i have manged to figure out it is a: MSP3880-W 56K PCI Modem
> Enumerator. Can anyone tell me what my next step is?

Aztech Labs MSP3880W modem.
http://www.aztech.com/driver/modem_msp3880.htm

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_53.03

--
"Infinity is just so big that by comparison,
bigness itself looks really titchy."

°Mike°

Aztech MSP3880-W modem driver 2.11.6.0 [Windows 2000]
http://support.packardbell-europe.co...50100.asp?c=ap

Shorter URL:
http://makeashorterlink.com/?M26135447

On Sun, 1 Feb 2004 21:09:00 +0000 (UTC), in
<bvjptb$c1m$(E-Mail Removed)>
Lee Davison scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Patrick

Lee Davison wrote:
> Ive just purchased a new HDD on which ive installed Win 2000 (to
> replace Win ME which ive fallen out with). Im having trouble
> "activiating" my modem on the new windows. I sees a modem there but
> doesnt see a recommended driver and choosing a standard 56k modem
> doesnt work and you get error 646 (I think) when you connect. Bearing
> in mind I have no software, instruction book or anything for the
> modem, i have manged to figure out it is a: MSP3880-W 56K PCI Modem
> Enumerator. Can anyone tell me what my next step is?
>
> Likewise my graphics card a Geoforce Ti 4200 with AGP 8X. I cant
> remember having an installation CD with this, if I had it must be
> long gone. Can anyone advise where I can get the drivers and how I
> can install them onto my new o/s? Also my floppy drive seems broken
> but thats a whole other story.
>
> Regards
> Lee

'Aid32' is a 'systems informatin tool', it requires no installation and is
free.
It will (often as not) give you a link to the makers of a component to d/l
drivers.
The program is well worth haveing anyway.
http://www.aida32.hu/aida-download.php?bit=32