Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > BT Yahoo broadband homepage error

BT Yahoo broadband homepage error

°Mike°

On Mon, 2 Feb 2004 00:11:35 +0000 (UTC), in
<bvk4ji$7ss$(E-Mail Removed)>
Rob scrawled:

>°Mike° wrote:
>
>| That's only because you edited out the quoted text from Boomer.
>| The header references show, clearly, that you replied to Boomer:
>
>That is correct. The reason is that I couldn't get rid of the OP's html
>so I used Boomer's reply as a template for my own since it was all in
>plain text. I was not aware it would cause a problem, since I thought
>anyone reading it would see that it was directed at the OP and not
>Boomer.
>
>If this causes problems in some newsreaders then again I apologise to
>everyone for my lapse in netiquette.
>
>| Just remember to highlight the *actual* post that you wish to
>| reply to -- don't just reply to any post in the thread -- before
>| hitting 'Reply Group'.
>
>Well that's what I do 99.9999% of the time.

Ok, no problem, so long as you are aware of it.

--
Basic computer maintenance

Boomer

"Rob" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:bvk4ji$7ss$(E-Mail Removed):

> °Mike° wrote:
>
>| That's only because you edited out the quoted text from Boomer.
>| The header references show, clearly, that you replied to Boomer:
>
> That is correct. The reason is that I couldn't get rid of the OP's
> html

I don't understand why you couldn't 'get rid of' the HTML?

> so I used Boomer's reply as a template for my own since it
> was all in plain text. I was not aware it would cause a problem,
> since I thought anyone reading it would see that it was directed
> at the OP and not Boomer.

Nope.

> If this causes problems in some newsreaders

I'm not sure what you mean by the above.

>then again I apologise
> to everyone for my lapse in netiquette.
>
>| Just remember to highlight the *actual* post that you wish to
>| reply to -- don't just reply to any post in the thread -- before
>| hitting 'Reply Group'.
>
> Well that's what I do 99.9999% of the time.

Winderful.

Rob

Boomer wrote:

|| That is correct. The reason is that I couldn't get rid of the OP's
|| html
|
| I don't understand why you couldn't 'get rid of' the HTML?

I didn't realise how to do it at the time, and thought that any reply I
made using that particular window (reply to group after highlighting his
post) would also be in HTML. That's why I 'borrowed' yours. I've since
learned it can easily be changed.

|| If this causes problems in some newsreaders
|
| I'm not sure what you mean by the above.

I simply meant that in OE the listed posts don't show anything other
than the sender unless you actively look for the other info such as
headers etc, and that maybe other readers do, possibly showing who's
actual post a person replies to.

In other words if I see a post with 3 replies underneath I don't know
whether they are following on, each replying to the one above, or all
three replying to the original post until I open them. If when I open
one it only has quoted text from the post at the top then I just assume
it's a reply to him.

Anyway I fully accept this *******ing but you will have to excuse me
now, I'm off to read 'OE basics for dummies' again.

--
Rob

Boomer

"Rob" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:bvk8ec$r0h$(E-Mail Removed):

> Boomer wrote:
>
>|| That is correct. The reason is that I couldn't get rid of the
>|| OP's html
>|
>| I don't understand why you couldn't 'get rid of' the HTML?
>
> I didn't realise how to do it at the time, and thought that any
> reply I made using that particular window (reply to group after
> highlighting his post) would also be in HTML. That's why I
> 'borrowed' yours. I've since learned it can easily be changed.
>
>|| If this causes problems in some newsreaders
>|
>| I'm not sure what you mean by the above.
>
> I simply meant that in OE the listed posts don't show anything
> other than the sender unless you actively look for the other info
> such as headers etc, and that maybe other readers do, possibly
> showing who's actual post a person replies to.
>
> In other words if I see a post with 3 replies underneath I don't
> know whether they are following on, each replying to the one
> above, or all three replying to the original post until I open
> them. If when I open one it only has quoted text from the post at
> the top then I just assume it's a reply to him.
>
> Anyway I fully accept this *******ing but you will have to excuse
> me now, I'm off to read 'OE basics for dummies' again.

Thank you for the reply, Rob.

I'm not an OE/IE "fan" or user so I am just curious about how others,
like yourself, 'see' and or do things with OE.

If you are going to use usenet alot I would suggest you get a 'real'
news reader.

I love Xnews. Many more to check out at http://www.newsreaders.com/

Thanks for your reply.

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'incoming.yahoo.verzon.net', Server: 'incoming.yahoo.verizon.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E Michael Bower Computer Support 3 10-01-2006 03:44 PM
Atolotl hijacked my Yahoo homepage? Motorhead Lawyer Firefox 8 01-13-2005 02:07 PM
Yahoo Homepage Devo Computer Support 0 07-01-2004 06:59 PM
BT YAHOO BROADBAND Prashant Computer Support 20 02-21-2004 07:53 PM

Advertisments