Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > service pack 1

service pack 1

Pauline Johnson

On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 18:44:21 GMT, "Lisa" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>i had a trojan soething come into my computer yesterday and i had to run a
>virus scan and the service pack 1 was infected so i had to delete it from my
>computer now the instant support won't work is ther any one that can help
>me?

Have you tried reinstalling Service Pack 1?

--
Paulie

pjpjpj A T aussiemail D O T com

Patrick

Lisa wrote:
> i had a trojan soething come into my computer yesterday and i had to
> run a virus scan and the service pack 1 was infected so i had to
> delete it from my computer now the instant support won't work is ther
> any one that can help me?

Windows XP Service Pack 1a
http://www.microsoft.com/WindowsXP/p...p1/default.asp

why?

On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 20:25:40 GMT, Lisa wrote:

>i do not know the name of the trojan and i am using windows xp and i am

How do you know it was a trojan then. If you had run an antivirus
packare normally they report the name / try to clean the trojan.

>sorry i am not a computer genius i guess like yourself

Nothing to do with it.

When asking for help, it would be easier to at least mention -
What operating system.
What service pack, XP has a SP1 so did some versions of MSIE.
Details of fault, rather then sort of guess.

Thus you had a quite good answer initially, take the PC to a
professional.

>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>>
>> On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 20:04:04 GMT, Lisa wrote:
>>
>> >i think that when you ask for help and you are grown up enough to answer
>> >appropriately then you should post. thanks for nothing

>> Well considering your useless and crappy post what do you expect?
>>
>> Try reading this http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>>
>> Which service pack 1, what OS?
>>
>> Name of trojan?
>>
>> ><Harrison> wrote in message