Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Made the mistake of trying to install Norton's again

Made the mistake of trying to install Norton's again

LO&MsLO

And when I pulled it more trouble. Some temp directory is missing so
that every time I boot and try to open MusicMatch I get a message that
the "MusicMatch temp directory is missing. Do you want to create one
now". Also I can load RealPllay but once I reboot it won't play. And
web sites with audio won't open. I never had these problems with
Norton products until I installed XP
I'm through with Nortons. I'll chnge back to ZoneAlarm and decide on a
Virus scanner

Thanks for all the help and ideas.

John

Ionizer

"LO&MsLO" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> And when I pulled it more trouble. Some temp directory is missing so
> that every time I boot and try to open MusicMatch I get a message that
> the "MusicMatch temp directory is missing. Do you want to create one
> now". Also I can load RealPllay but once I reboot it won't play. And
> web sites with audio won't open. I never had these problems with
> Norton products until I installed XP
> I'm through with Nortons. I'll chnge back to ZoneAlarm and decide on a
> Virus scanner
>
> Thanks for all the help and ideas.

What do your media player troubles have to do with "Nortons?" Please
attempt to be lucid.

--
Ian.

°Mike°

You've already answered your own question. Get rid
of Norton software.

Anti-virus programs:
--------------------
KAV (Kaspersky)
http://www.kaspersky.com/

eZ Antivirus (Computer Associates)

Vet (Computer Associates)
http://www.vet.com.au/html/products/index.html

Sophos
http://www.sophos.com/products/software/antivirus/

On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 12:39:39 -0600, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
LO&MsLO scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

TopHat

I threw Norton out the door and never looked back. I use NOD32 now and it
works just great. Comes highly recommeded from wilders.org. I tried
BitDefender and it wouldn't work with my spam program and rebooted during HD
scan. Hope this helps.

TopHat