Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Unplug hardware

Unplug hardware

FJDx

I have an IBM X22 running on Windows 2000. Each time I reboot the computer,
there is an icon in my system tray for 'Unplug or Eject Hardware'. When I
open this, there is a 'Floppy disk trive - (A' listed even when I have
nothing plugged into the laptop.

Why is this happening? This only disappears when I manually select stop for
the device but I would rather it not appear at all seeing as nothing is
plugged in.