Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Adblockers

Adblockers

She

Someone asked me if I knew why he could open a web page (for insurance) on
other computers but not his. It's the sort of site that would have adverts
so I suggested he may have a blocker somewhere. He is knowledgeable enough
to play around with the registry.

Any ideas please on this.

°Mike°

And *does* he have an ad blocker installed? How about
some details?

On Sun, 1 Feb 2004 17:29:33 -0000, in
<bvjd1s$so1rm$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de>
She scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Spirit

°Mike° wrote:
> And *does* he have an ad blocker installed? How about
> some details?
>

> On Sun, 1 Feb 2004 17:29:33 -0000, in
> <bvjd1s$so1rm$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de>
> She scrawled:
>

>>Someone asked me if I knew why he could open a web page (for insurance) on
>>other computers but not his. It's the sort of site that would have adverts
>>so I suggested he may have a blocker somewhere. He is knowledgeable enough
>>to play around with the registry.
>>
>>Any ideas please on this.

Mozilla Firebird has built-in ad-blockers.

http://www.mozilla.org/

°Mike°

On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 20:40:06 GMT, in
<GudTb.203960$xy6.1049880@attbi_s02>
Spirit scrawled:

>°Mike° wrote:
>> And *does* he have an ad blocker installed? How about
>> some details?
>>

>> On Sun, 1 Feb 2004 17:29:33 -0000, in
>> <bvjd1s$so1rm$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de>
>> She scrawled:
>>

>>>Someone asked me if I knew why he could open a web page (for insurance) on
>>>other computers but not his. It's the sort of site that would have adverts
>>>so I suggested he may have a blocker somewhere. He is knowledgeable enough
>>>to play around with the registry.
>>>
>>>Any ideas please on this.
>>>

>Mozilla Firebird has built-in ad-blockers.
>
>http://www.mozilla.org/

Why are you telling me this?

--

°Mike° wrote:
> On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 20:40:06 GMT, in
> <GudTb.203960$xy6.1049880@attbi_s02>
> Spirit scrawled:
>

>>°Mike° wrote:
>>
>>>And *does* he have an ad blocker installed? How about
>>>some details?
>>>

>>>On Sun, 1 Feb 2004 17:29:33 -0000, in
>>> <bvjd1s$so1rm$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de>
>>> She scrawled:

>>Mozilla Firebird has built-in ad-blockers.
>>
>>http://www.mozilla.org/

> Why are you telling me this?

I wish I knew.