Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > error 403

error 403

Flabius

Hello-
I am running Win98SE and IE6. I am having a problem with IE giving me the
error 403-Forbidden message whenever I try to logon to my account at my
bank's web site. I also get the error whenever I am at a retail site when I
click the "view my cart" or "checkout" buttons. Seems to be happening with
my ebay account(won't grant access) too. Thanks for any ideas or advice.

Sultan

Flabius wrote in news:GK9Tb.204154$na.335119@attbi_s04:

> error 403-Forbidden

Read this:
http://www.checkupdown.com/status/E403.html

Sultan

°Mike°

Your version of OE is WAY out of date, so I presume
your Internet Explorer is also out of date. Upgrade
to IE6 SP1, and OE6.

First port of call is:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/default.asp

Then upgrade:

November 2003 Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec...tin/03-048.asp

Outlook Express
April 2003, Cumulative Patch for Outlook Express (330994)
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/...94/default.asp

On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 16:24:07 GMT, in
<GK9Tb.204154$na.335119@attbi_s04>
Flabius scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Gee

"Flabius" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Hello-
> I am running Win98SE and IE6. I am having a problem with IE giving me the
> error 403-Forbidden message whenever I try to logon to my account at my
> bank's web site. I also get the error whenever I am at a retail site when

> click the "view my cart" or "checkout" buttons. Seems to be happening with
> my ebay account(won't grant access) too. Thanks for any ideas or advice.

Contact the IT tech support of your bank. They are usually aware of any
problems to do with the site, and you may just need to install/upgrade some
additional software, or they may need to reset your account.

Juan Pérez

Check the security levels in IE and your firewall; they may be set too
high. Just a thought.

--
Juan
RB deux