Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > backing up drivers

backing up drivers

fhg

before updating drivers for various cards etc., how do you go about backing
them up for easy retrieval/replacement if things go wrong with the new
driver ?

--
xx

SLP

"fhg" <(E-Mail Removed)_(notreal)> wrote in message
news:XJ8Tb.254$(E-Mail Removed)...
> before updating drivers for various cards etc., how do you go about

backing
> them up for easy retrieval/replacement if things go wrong with the new
> driver ?
>
> --
> xx

Take a look at Windriver Ghost, it can detect, backup and restore all system
drivers:

http://tinyurl.com/3fkge

SLP

fhg

> > before updating drivers for various cards etc., how do you go about

> backing
> > them up for easy retrieval/replacement if things go wrong with the new
> > driver ?
> >

> Take a look at Windriver Ghost, it can detect, backup and restore all

system
> drivers:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/3fkge
>
> SLP

Thanks for this, I'll check it out. Do you know anything about the merits of
another called DriverGuideToolKit ?

°Mike°

The easiest, and best, way is to back up the drivers BEFORE
installing them. That way, you'll have a store of all the drivers
you have downloaded.

On Sun, 1 Feb 2004 10:16:01 -0500, in
<XJ8Tb.254$(E-Mail Removed)>
"fhg" <(E-Mail Removed)_(notreal)> scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance