Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Can i plug a USB bluetooth adapter into a USB hub for my laptop?

Can i plug a USB bluetooth adapter into a USB hub for my laptop?

Bob Regis

If I do the above will my laptop still be bluetooth enabled?

Hywel Jenkins

In article <bvithg$sp3nn$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de>,
> If I do the above will my laptop still be bluetooth enabled?

Have you tried it? I would expect it to still work, after all, USB hubs
are intended to increase the number of USB ports you have.

--
Hywel I do not eat quiche
http://hyweljenkins.co.uk/

PJB

"Bob Regis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bvithg$sp3nn$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> If I do the above will my laptop still be bluetooth

enabled?

yes, but you may need to re-install the BT drivers/software,
I find if I move most USB devices from one port to another,
they need re-installing.

P.

Bob Regis

Hywel Jenkins wrote:
> In article <bvithg$sp3nn$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de>,
> (E-Mail Removed) says...
>> If I do the above will my laptop still be bluetooth enabled?

> Have you tried it? I would expect it to still work, after all, USB
> hubs are intended to increase the number of USB ports you have.

No, I haven't tried it yet. Just wanted to know if there are any known
issues with this before I go and buy.

Hywel Jenkins

In article <bvjt3h$t6ss3$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de>,
(E-Mail Removed) says...

> Hywel Jenkins wrote:
> > In article <bvithg$sp3nn$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de>,
> > (E-Mail Removed) says...
> >> If I do the above will my laptop still be bluetooth enabled?

> > Have you tried it? I would expect it to still work, after all, USB
> > hubs are intended to increase the number of USB ports you have.

> No, I haven't tried it yet. Just wanted to know if there are any known
> issues with this before I go and buy.

The only thing I could think of is that if your BT dongle is USB2 you'll
need a USB2 hub to get the most out of it. Unless BT isn't as fast as
USB1.1, that is.