Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Weird error message

Weird error message

Smirnoff

WinME
I have an ancient version of MGI PhotoSuite III SE.
(Ver. 3.00.0601 ENG)
When I open it I get the error message:

Root.html,_RouteCall{}:Routing Liquid not found

It doesn't appear to make any difference to the program but I would like
to know what it means, please.

Routing Liquid!?
TIA

David A. Seiver

On Sun, 1 Feb 2004 11:42:19 +0000 (UTC), "Smirnoff"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>WinME
>I have an ancient version of MGI PhotoSuite III SE.
>(Ver. 3.00.0601 ENG)
>When I open it I get the error message:
>
>Root.html,_RouteCall{}:Routing Liquid not found
>
>It doesn't appear to make any difference to the program but I would like
>to know what it means, please.
>
>Routing Liquid!?
>TIA

Warning: Rather long explanation follows:

RTICLE:1969MGIH1
ISSUE
Internet Explorer script errors occur when launching or working in
Roxio PhotoSuite 4 Platinum.
CAUSE
This article applies to Roxio branded versions of PhotoSuite 4 only.
This may be caused by one of the following issues.
1.*Windows user name contains invalid HTML characters.
2.*An updated HTMLComponent file may be required.
3. Internet Explorer needs to be updated.
RESOLUTION
Section 1 - Windows user name contains invalid HTML characters.
PhotoSuite uses java scripting in many program functions.* Characters
such as \ / : * ? " ' < > | are incompatible with the java commands
used by PhotoSuite resulting in error messages.* If your Windows user
name does not contain any of these characters, proceed to Section 2.
If you have used any of these characters in your windows user name,
the only way to resolve this issue will be to create a new Windows
user name that does not contain these invalid characters.* This can be
done from the Windows Control Panel, User Accounts menu. We recommend
the Windows user name contain letters and numbers only.* Renaming your
current Windows user name will not correct this issue.*
Section 2 - Installing an updated HTMLComponent file.
Delete the existing HTMLComponent file from the following folder.
C:\Program Files\Roxio\PhotoSuite 4\Resources
1.*Double click My Computer.
2.*Double click C drive.
3.*Double click Program Files.
4.*Double click Roxio.
5.*Double click PhotoSuite 4.
6.*Double click Resources.
7.*Right click the HTMLComponent file and select Delete.
Step 2 - Download and install the updated HTMLComponent file.
1. Open your web browser and type ftp.mgisoft.com into the address
bar.* Press Enter.
2. Double click on Download.
3. Double click on photo.
4. Double click on RoxioPS4.
5. Right click on HTMLComponent and choose Copy To* Folder.
6.*Double click My Computer.
7. Double click C drive.
3.*Double click Program Files.
4.*Double click Roxio.
5.*Double click PhotoSuite 4.
6.*Double click Resources.
7.*Click OK.
Step 3 - Run PS_Clean.exe.
1.*Double click My Computer.
2.*Double click C drive.
3.*Double click Program Files.
4.*Double click Roxio.
5.*Double click PhotoSuite 4.
6.*Double click PS_Clean.exe.
7.*Click YES when prompted to delete the contents of the temporary
folder.
Section 3 - Internet Explorer needs to be updated.
Install the latest version of Internet Explorer available from
Microsoft's web site.
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/default.asp
If you already have the latest version installed, perform a reinstall
and choose "reinstall all components" when prompted.
*

Smirnoff

David A. Seiver wrote:
> [...]

> 3. Double click Program Files.
> 4. Double click Roxio.
> 5. Double click PhotoSuite 4.
> 6. Double click Resources.
> 7. Click OK.
> Step 3 - Run PS_Clean.exe.
> 1. Double click My Computer.
> 2. Double click C drive.
> 3. Double click Program Files.
> 4. Double click Roxio.
> 5. Double click PhotoSuite 4.
> 6. Double click PS_Clean.exe.
> 7. Click YES when prompted to delete the contents of the temporary
> folder.
> Section 3 - Internet Explorer needs to be updated.
> Install the latest version of Internet Explorer available from
> Microsoft's web site.
> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/default.asp
> If you already have the latest version installed, perform a reinstall
> and choose "reinstall all components" when prompted.

Thanks.
Strangely, I have opened the program quite a few times since posting and
have not received the error message again.
Seems my version (when it was still MGI) is not supported anymore (steam
driven!).
As stated earlier though, it does not seem to affect the program so I
think I'll leave well alone.
Thanks again.

the secrets of a hacker

Did u try antivirus or Adaware? Sounds like a virus to me.
"Smirnoff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bviomr$8n5$(E-Mail Removed)...
> WinME
> I have an ancient version of MGI PhotoSuite III SE.
> (Ver. 3.00.0601 ENG)
> When I open it I get the error message:
>
> Root.html,_RouteCall{}:Routing Liquid not found
>
> It doesn't appear to make any difference to the program but I would like
> to know what it means, please.
>
> Routing Liquid!?
> TIA

DC

Smirnoff wrote in <bviomr$8n5$(E-Mail Removed)>:
> WinME
> I have an ancient version of MGI PhotoSuite III SE.
> (Ver. 3.00.0601 ENG)
> When I open it I get the error message:

> Root.html,_RouteCall{}:Routing Liquid not found

I got the same message on the HUD in my Mazda 323 -- you need to top up
the blinker fluid. }:O)

--
DC Registered Linux User #1000111011000111001

weird error message alan Computer Support 10 12-01-2009 05:13 AM
Getting a weird error message with scriptmanager nateastle ASP .Net 0 06-01-2009 04:10 PM
AS5300: Weird error message upon booting Pavlov Cisco 1 09-21-2007 01:58 AM
Weird Error message phaylon Perl Misc 16 02-16-2005 11:42 AM
reg678.dll? Weird Windows error message, need help Wallygator Computer Support 3 01-01-2004 06:45 PM

Advertisments