Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Outlook Express with Yahoo Mail service

Outlook Express with Yahoo Mail service

John Doe

Hi!

Is it possible to configure Outlook Express so I could fetch e-mail from my
Yahoo account in the same way that I can with a Hotmail account?

Thanks,
/JD

Randy Bard

On Sun, 1 Feb 2004 12:12:17 +0100, "John Doe" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Hi!
>
>Is it possible to configure Outlook Express so I could fetch e-mail from my
>Yahoo account in the same way that I can with a Hotmail account?
>
>Thanks,
>/JD

No.

Thip

"John Doe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:401cdf17_2@127.0.0.1...
> Hi!
>
> Is it possible to configure Outlook Express so I could fetch e-mail from

my
> Yahoo account in the same way that I can with a Hotmail account?
>
> Thanks,
> /JD

Do a Google for YahooPops! --read the configuration instructions carefully.
It will download your Yahoo mail to your POP3 account.

Prashanth Sirsi

Yes JD its definetely possible, yahoo will charge you for the SMTP and
POP addresses though, for approximately 29$ a year they will give you
the smtp and pop addresses and using this you can configure your
outlook or outlook express to bring in your mails.

[ Doc Jeff ]

"John Doe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:401cdf17_2@127.0.0.1:

> Hi!
>
> Is it possible to configure Outlook Express so I could fetch e-mail
> from my Yahoo account in the same way that I can with a Hotmail
> account?

Not unless you have POP3 access to Yahoo (it's a pay-for service).

the secrets of a hacker

See if you can get the server address of Yahoo! and stick it into the HTTP
part of the new mail setup.

"John Doe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:401cdf17_2@127.0.0.1...
> Hi!
>
> Is it possible to configure Outlook Express so I could fetch e-mail from

my
> Yahoo account in the same way that I can with a Hotmail account?
>
> Thanks,
> /JD

Thip

"[ Doc Jeff ]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> "John Doe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:401cdf17_2@127.0.0.1:
>
> > Hi!
> >
> > Is it possible to configure Outlook Express so I could fetch e-mail
> > from my Yahoo account in the same way that I can with a Hotmail
> > account?

> Not unless you have POP3 access to Yahoo (it's a pay-for service).

Not true. YahooPOPS! works without the Yahoo POP3. It d/loads the e-mails
to the OE Inbox.

[ Doc Jeff ]

"Thip" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:bvjmb7$sq734$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de:

> "[ Doc Jeff ]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> "John Doe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:401cdf17_2@127.0.0.1:
>>
>> > Hi!
>> >
>> > Is it possible to configure Outlook Express so I could fetch e-mail
>> > from my Yahoo account in the same way that I can with a Hotmail
>> > account?

>> Not unless you have POP3 access to Yahoo (it's a pay-for service).
>>

> Not true. YahooPOPS! works without the Yahoo POP3. It d/loads the
> e-mails to the OE Inbox.

That one never worked for me even after half a dozen attempts. So I don't
bother recommending it <shrug>. YMMV and all that...

And it's not exactly "the same way that I can with a Hotmail account" as
the OP requested. Ah, but then neither is my suggestion above...

Thomas Chambers

"John Doe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:401cdf17_2@127.0.0.1...
> Hi!
>
> Is it possible to configure Outlook Express so I could fetch e-mail from

my
> Yahoo account in the same way that I can with a Hotmail account?
>
> Thanks,
> /JD

There is a piece of software called IZYMail (From http://www.izymail.com)

This allows you to download mail from Hotmail/Msn/Yahoo/aol Web Mail
accounts.

Hope this helps

Tom