Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Lost Desktop Icons

Lost Desktop Icons

Mike Doherty

I'm running Windows 98.....
I have lost all my Desktop Icons!
How can I "recover" them?

--
Mike Doherty

Iceman

"Mike Doherty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bviips$pre$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm running Windows 98.....
> I have lost all my Desktop Icons!
> How can I "recover" them?

Display Properties > Effects > Hide icons when the desktop is viewed
as a web page (uncheck).

Alternative solution:
If a problem is less than 5 days old in Win98, then restart F8
bootup/Command prompt only Dos or restart in Msdos mode and type
scanreg/restore and try an older reg backup.

[ Doc Jeff ]

"Mike Doherty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:bviips$pre$(E-Mail Removed):

> I'm running Windows 98.....
> I have lost all my Desktop Icons!
> How can I "recover" them?

Reboot. If that doesn't fix it, come back for another hint.