Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > internet explorer

internet explorer

TERENCE LITTLER

my net explorer is wierd cos it keeps giving error reports, but msn and
outlook expess work.

could anyone help please?
or has it happened to anyone else?

thanks

Hywel Jenkins

In article <bvidfb$h38$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> my net explorer is wierd cos it keeps giving error reports, but msn and
> outlook expess work.
>
> could anyone help please?

If you posted more information about the errors someone might help.
It's unusual for crystal balls to be particularly accurate. For
example, if I say that there's a problem with my car but by girlfriend's
car is fine, can you tell me what the problem is?

--
Hywel I do not eat quiche
http://hyweljenkins.co.uk/

Paul - xxx

TERENCE LITTLER posted ...

> my net explorer is wierd cos it keeps giving error reports, but msn
> and outlook expess work.
>
> could anyone help please?
> or has it happened to anyone else?
>
> thanks

OK, youve asked for help, but to actually get any help you will need to
provide a little more information as its my experience that very few people
are truly psychic. Think along the following lines. (Thanks Golem, good
list, damn shame golem doesnt use the newsgroups much nowadays...

What help do you require?
What Operating System and version are you using?

Is there an error message or code ?
What program causes this error?

What is the EXACT wording of the error ?
When does the error happen?
What are you trying to do when this happens?
What else is running in the background?
What changes have you made to your system right before this started?
Did you Add/Remove any Software?
Did you Add/Remove any Hardware?
Did you make any new Tweaks?
Did you apply any new patch?
Do you get other error messages?

Get the picture ? Theres no need to answer all the questions everytime,
they are just a flavour of what can help others gain an insight into what
s causing your problem and can help them formulate a good answer. When you
get an answer, you may get more than one, its still up to you to decide
what to do about the problem you have, but generally answers posted to a
multitude may be better than answers posted directly to you. There are
people wholl deliberately screw your system. Dont necessarily go for the
first answer, wait a bit, someone will point out if its wrong .. eventually
... maybe ..

Have a look at these sites for further advice on posting and on Usenet.

http://www.dickalba.demon.co.uk/usenet/guide/index.html

http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

--
Paul

DVRK

"Hywel Jenkins" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> In article <bvidfb$h38$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> (E-Mail Removed) says...
> > my net explorer is wierd cos it keeps giving error reports, but msn and
> > outlook expess work.
> >
> > could anyone help please?

> If you posted more information about the errors someone might help.
> It's unusual for crystal balls to be particularly accurate.

computer..................................it is giving some sort of an error
anyone with the initials B.S.?...................................