Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Microsoft Outlook Contacts

Microsoft Outlook Contacts

Kevin Buthorn

I run Windows XP and my hard disk crashed
I reinstalled Windows XP and Microsoft Office on a new hard drive/
I am recovering files from the crashed drive and need to know how to locate
the file that contains the information for the microsoft outlook contacts.
Any help will be appreciated

°Mike°

Backing up and restoring Microsoft Outlook 2000 data
http://www.bcentral.co.uk/technology...lookBackup.asp

On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 03:47:43 GMT, in
<zF_Sb.168694$(E-Mail Removed)>
Kevin Buthorn scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Dan Shea

Hi Kevin,

On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 03:47:43 GMT, "Kevin Buthorn" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I run Windows XP and my hard disk crashed
>I reinstalled Windows XP and Microsoft Office on a new hard drive/
>I am recovering files from the crashed drive and need to know how to locate
>the file that contains the information for the microsoft outlook contacts.
>Any help will be appreciated

You need to find the .PST file that your Outlook data was stored in on
the old computer. Do a search for all files *.PST on that old drive,
and copy all the files you find to the new drive. You can then import
them using the normal Outook method of importing from a PST file.

Cheers,
dan

danshea at yahoo dot com