Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > text speed fine but pics slowwwww

text speed fine but pics slowwwww

moyo

I can read all the text messages that I want but DLing a pic has
become slowwwwww. Did not always be this way but this last 2 weeks has
been like i was back in dial-up land rather than DSL

whats happening

moyo

°Mike°

Start here:

Basic computer maintenance

On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 01:58:40 GMT, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
moyo scrawled:

--
STGP, OGPE24HSHD

Boomer

moyo <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I can read all the text messages that I want but DLing a pic has
> become slowwwwww. Did not always be this way but this last 2 weeks
> has been like i was back in dial-up land rather than DSL
>
> whats happening
>
> moyo

Contact Earthlink or ask at one of the local Earthlink groups.

Dan Shackelford

On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 01:58:40 +0000, moyo wrote:

> I can read all the text messages that I want but DLing a pic has become
> slowwwwww. Did not always be this way but this last 2 weeks has been like
> i was back in dial-up land rather than DSL
>
> whats happening
>
> moyo

Perhaps you have downloaded too many gigs. EL will cap your speed if you
exceed their DL limit and it will stay that way for 30 days.

moyo

On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 02:10:06 GMT, Dan Shackelford
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 01:58:40 +0000, moyo wrote:
>
>> I can read all the text messages that I want but DLing a pic has become
>> slowwwwww. Did not always be this way but this last 2 weeks has been like
>> i was back in dial-up land rather than DSL
>>
>> whats happening
>>
>> moyo

>Perhaps you have downloaded too many gigs. EL will cap your speed if you
>exceed their DL limit and it will stay that way for 30 days.

Ok, I had heard or read something about that. Even though I pay for
the DSL, they are still going to put a limit on the amount of DLing?
Are they trying to tell me to leave or are they AOL wannabees? Are
there other DSL providers that do not have that contraint?

moyo