Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Mouse Support on Control Panel main.cpl problem

Mouse Support on Control Panel main.cpl problem

south of the border

On an IBM laptop (T-30) running Win2000?

I cannot change the mouse settings. If I click on the mouse icon or
use the control panel I get the following error message: "An error
occurred while Windows was working with the control panel file
C:\WINNT\system32\main.cpl

Anyone have any advice on what I can do. Other than not being able to
change mouse settings, everything seems fine. this has been happening
for weeks (months?, anyway a long time). I've just been ignoring it.
Probably can continue to ignore it, but I'd like to change the mouse
settings for the touch pad.

Thanks much if anyone can help here. Or, point me to someplace where I
can find help?

Gator

Have you tried the Synaptics download
site? A new driver might help. I personally
disable all the "advanced" features on my
touchpad; tapping, etc. etc. make the pad
nervous and unstable, I think

°Mike°

Error Message: An Error Occurred While Windows Was
Working with the Control Panel file...
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=217752

On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 16:59:19 -0800, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
south of the border <> scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Bob B

Have you tried re installing the mouse BB

news:(E-Mail Removed)...