Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Hard drive boot

Hard drive boot

John Bahran

I have a computer that is booting from the hard drive and asks me for
a password which I don't have. How can I bypass the password? I have
tried removing the motherboard battery for 2 minutes, also
disconnecting the keyboard so to make it go to bios so I can change
the order of boot. All with no results.
Would appreciate any help.Thanks

Miggsee

Get the password.

"John Bahran" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> I have a computer that is booting from the hard drive and asks me for
> a password which I don't have. How can I bypass the password? I have
> tried removing the motherboard battery for 2 minutes, also
> disconnecting the keyboard so to make it go to bios so I can change
> the order of boot. All with no results.
> Would appreciate any help.Thanks

Ben Myers

See if this is helpful.

http://www.labmice.net/articles/BIOS_hack.htm

Ben

"John Bahran" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> I have a computer that is booting from the hard drive and asks me for
> a password which I don't have. How can I bypass the password? I have
> tried removing the motherboard battery for 2 minutes, also
> disconnecting the keyboard so to make it go to bios so I can change
> the order of boot. All with no results.
> Would appreciate any help.Thanks

°Mike°

Ask the person who set the password.

On 31 Jan 2004 08:28:34 -0800, in
<(E-Mail Removed) >
John Bahran scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Robert

On 31 Jan 2004 08:28:34 -0800, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (John Bahran)
wrote:

>I have a computer that is booting from the hard drive and asks me for
>a password which I don't have. How can I bypass the password? I have
>tried removing the motherboard battery for 2 minutes, also
>disconnecting the keyboard so to make it go to bios so I can change
>the order of boot. All with no results.
>Would appreciate any help.Thanks

There is a jumper on the motherboard, find it and change it.