Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > DVD compatibility

DVD compatibility

WCH

Just bought a Plextor DVD-RW with multi-format capabilities. Now trying to
find the best DVD-ROM players (internal, for PC) to install in various PCs
around my house to assure that whatever I burn will play. Have found a
Memorex and a Lite-On that are DVD +/-RW (I think that's how to state that a
drive will read both "+" and "-" formats). Is there a generally preferred
drive? Also, is there a recommended media to use in making DVD recordings,
either copies of my movies or originals that I edit together, if I want to
give them the best chance to play on consumer DVD players?
WC

Harrison

www.dvdrhelp.com