Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Wordperfect 7....Help....

Wordperfect 7....Help....

Bigbazza

Hi there...I am re-mailing this for a fellow (in this case a very nice
Senior Lady)...in another newsgroup...She cannot get this group from her
ISP....Can anyone offer some assistance..Please....This lady is Yoj from....
alt.sixtyplus...You may reply there also if you have it on your server...

Bigbazza(Barry)..Oz

I have been using Word Perfect 7 for years, with Windows 98. It has
always worked fine until last night, when it crashed several times when
I tried to use it. I rebooted several times, and now I can't even open
it. I get an error message saying there is a missing DLL file
(G170.DLL). I looked through my software, but all I could find was an
unnumbered version of Novell Word Perfect, on 10 disks, with a date of
1994, and a CD of Word Perfect Office 2000, which I never downloaded. I
believe this was because
in the past when I upgraded, I wasn't always able to take my files with
me. I have quite a few files, which have not been backed up recently.

I visited Corel's website, but they don't address anything older than WP
9.

Does anybody know of any way I can download that missing DLL file? If
not, do you know of any other way I can retrieve my files?

Joy

Bill Schnakenberg

Bigbazza wrote:
> Hi there...I am re-mailing this for a fellow (in this case a very nice
> Senior Lady)...in another newsgroup...She cannot get this group from her
> ISP....Can anyone offer some assistance..Please....This lady is Yoj from....
> alt.sixtyplus...You may reply there also if you have it on your server...
>
> Bigbazza(Barry)..Oz

Here's one suggestion:
http://experts.about.com/q/1057/509143.htm

--
Bill

Bigbazza

"Bill Schnakenberg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:g%MSb.12638$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Bigbazza wrote:
> > Hi there...I am re-mailing this for a fellow (in this case a very nice
> > Senior Lady)...in another newsgroup...She cannot get this group from her
> > ISP....Can anyone offer some assistance..Please....This lady is Yoj

from....
> > alt.sixtyplus...You may reply there also if you have it on your

server...

> > Bigbazza(Barry)..Oz

> Here's one suggestion:
> http://experts.about.com/q/1057/509143.htm
>

> > I have been using Word Perfect 7 for years, with Windows 98. It has
> > always worked fine until last night, when it crashed several times when
> > I tried to use it. I rebooted several times, and now I can't even open
> > it. I get an error message saying there is a missing DLL file
> > (G170.DLL). I looked through my software, but all I could find was an
> > unnumbered version of Novell Word Perfect, on 10 disks, with a date of
> > 1994, and a CD of Word Perfect Office 2000, which I never downloaded. I
> > believe this was because
> > in the past when I upgraded, I wasn't always able to take my files with
> > me. I have quite a few files, which have not been backed up recently.
> >

> > I visited Corel's website, but they don't address anything older than WP
> > 9.
> >
> > Does anybody know of any way I can download that missing DLL file? If
> > not, do you know of any other way I can retrieve my files?
> >
> > Joy
> >

> --
> Bill

Thanks Bill...I'll pass it along to her on the Group..

Bigbazza(Barry)..Oz